Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Red Sox ask to host 2012 All-Star Game

Red Sox ask to host 2012 All-Star Game

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I know the article is a little over a week old, but I'd like to know your guys thoughts on this. I know Fenway will be celebrating its 100th anniversary that year, but if Boston does get it, they'll only be 13 years removed from their last one (1999), which is a mighty quick turnover.

I don't think they should get it, but that's just me. KC or Minnesota should get it that year IMHO. KC's last was in 1973, and Minnesota's last was in 1985.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Sox ask to host 2012 All-Star Game

I just can't wait till The Banks, Riverfront Park, and Queen City Plaza are completed, along with more renovations to GABP to make it worthy to the first franchise in professional sports, so that we can put our hat into the ring since we will actually have something around the stadium to show off, instead of a hole in the ground

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk61 View Post
    I just can't wait till The Banks, Riverfront Park, and Queen City Plaza are completed, along with more renovations to GABP to make it worthy to the first franchise in professional sports, so that we can put our hat into the ring since we will actually have something around the stadium to show off, instead of a hole in the ground
    You'll be waiting awhile...

I personally think that year would be ok for Fenway to have the all-star game. I mean it is not always about the park. Ok yeah the park and location can have something to do with the game but I just see Fenway having the 100th anniversary fitting for them

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Absolutely ridiculous.

They had it in what, 1999? 2000? So they get it AGAIN before we get our first one in forever?

This is completely blasphemous and its ruining baseball IMO.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

^^ Cincinnati is a hole right now. Wait till the projects are done and the city looks respectable.

I don't see how this is ruining baseball. The lack of a salary cap is ruining baseball. Where the all-star game is played really doesn't mean anything.

Build a new stadium never get an all star game.

Have a huge payroll get to request them.

I'd rather they demo that trash bin ball park.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I'd rather they demo that trash bin ball park.
    What GABP? I think it's a pretty nice stadium. Not much of a view from behind home (Not like PNC which is awesome in that regard) but it's a solid ballpark.

Fenway

Turn Off Ads?