Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Remembering Joe...

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Remembering Joe...

OnBaseMachine started a thread in the ORG about Nov. 15th being one year since Nuxy left us...(sorry, I cant refer to sad events as anniversaries). Since I cant reply, I just thought I would start a similar thread in the SunDeck.

I cant believe its been a year..it seems like it was a longer time ago. The memorials, testimonies and the huge line for his viewing while sad events, also bring back pleasant memories for me. Sharing stories with fellow Reds fans while waiting in line for the viewing and asking each other "Where ya' from?"--the phone call from Joe's son Kim thanking my family for our donation to Joe's foundation, while on an answering machine, I swear it was not a recording (I wish I was home to answer it); and the tribute at Redsfest.

I bought the commemorative book from the Enquirer and also a DVD from the Red's HOF about Nuxy--but I have been reluctant to really read or watch either one--afraid of the emotions it might bring out. I know eventually we have to let go--but Marty and Joe were such a part of my life each summer evening growing up that it is hard. A lot of us Reds fans are guilty (myself included) of living too much in the past, but the great memories and traditions are hard to toss aside---especially in light of the recent lean years.

God bless ya Joe and best wishes to the Nuxhall family.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: Remembering Joe...

That was such a sad day last year. I still have all the articles and tributes that the papers ran last year when Joe died but I haven't read them yet. I cried off and on the whole day when it was announced because it felt like losing a grandparent all over again (I've lost all four of mine, three of them in the last nine years). He was such a good man and I think his community and friends still miss him. Gosh, it's been a year and I'm tearing up just writing this post. RIP Joe and many blessings to the Nuxhall family.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I still remember all those nights as a youngster "Rounding third and heading for home. Goodnight everybody"
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

cincinnati and especially reds fans won't forget him. he will continue to be missed for a long time.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

You will always be missed Joe.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Jazzbass

You guys might want to take a peek at this.. It's '56 Reds on the old game show What's My Line, Big Klu is the spokesperson and Joe is standing on the right..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZtjDDvL750

Turn Off Ads?