Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Funniest Thread...

...had to be "12 wins from sainthood" with FCB wagering his firstborn if Jimmy gets to 14 wins - then having various members Redszone think of chores for the kid to do as Saint Don (as he is known now) neared sainthood...

BTW Jimmy did get to 14 wins, but FCB last post on that thread was 5/31/02! How's the kid, FCB???
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Most Positive

Hmmmm! There is so much optimism on this forum, that this is a tough one

Most Negative

I give the Schleprock award to IBCK

Nicest

TeamCasey. She's "Ringo" to the rest of us "John, Paul & George's". And also savafan too.

Most Missed

rfs62. Someone told this poor guy that he had to stay off the forum for 5 years in order to be eligible for the HOF :evilgrin:

I'd list Larkinfan a very close 2nd

Most Long Winded

No contest!... ME! No one could ever say that I'm man of few words (just ask my kids!)

M2 (in a positive way though. Like to read his posts)

Best Moderator

(flipping a coin)... Today's your lucky day Chip! Of course I'm using a two-headed coin

Best Trademeister

Duh! Who uses that under their name? But I don't know if the word "best" should be included. But Krusty is imaginative and a joy to read.

Best Armchair GM

MikeS21. he makes too much sense when it comes to the business/economic angle of MLB. And I find myself agreeing with him alot (which probably scares alot on here)

Best Use of Statistics

Anyone but me . Guys Like guernsey, M2, westofyou, and letsgojunior impress me alot. They have to be making it all up as they go along!

Most Valuable Poster

guernsey

Best Discussion

Gee, that's a toss up. It's either the myriad discussions on Jr (are we going to trade him or not?)... or me trying to convert Dom Hefner, and keep this poor soul from burning in a lake of fire and brimstone :evilgrin:

Worst Typist

If I don't win something out of these awards, then they obviously are rigged

Best Chatter/Chat Room

the clique (Spanky, Alfafa, Mickey, Darla, Butch and Stymie). Throw in Al Bundy (and a few beers)...what game?

I think we should also nominate someone for the "George Constanza" award

Most missed poster

Stormy. Though REDREAD, JaxRed and TC II would merit a lot of consideration if it they each hadn't popped up for air in recent weeks. I'm hoping for the return of Blondebleacherite also, one of the funniest posters we've ever had.

Best tag line

TeamCasey - "I believed"

Best Monicker

Biitner Pill, honorable mention to TC's UnderDunn. We've also got posters named CloudyListon and Cincinnatus from whom we rarely hear.

Most Valuable Poster

guernsey, he's the best baseball news service on the planet.

Most Clever

Chip R, a master of quiet sarcasm.

Best Armchair GM

cincinnati chili, and let's hope someday he gets to move out of the armchair and into an actual GM job.

Best Trademeister

Krusty, volume counts.

Best Discussion

I've really enjoyed the debates about the plusses and minuses of Jason LaRue. I've probably learned more from investigating that topic than anything else in the baseball-related universe over the past year.

Worst Typist

Unless you want to name this the "Geo J Achievement in Haphazard Typing Award" my vote goes to geo j.

Funniest

creek, she puts a comic gem in pretty much every post she makes. Doesn't rely on a single comedic device either.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY, Fastest spreadsheet in the West.

Most Long-winded

GAC. Don't feel right voting for myself. Considered FLOTG. Stormy probably deserves to have this award named after him.

Most Positive

MikeS21. I disagree with Mike a lot. It invariably happens when I'm being negative. He really does look for the best possible outcome for the Reds in any possible situation and argues forcefully that good can emerge from many situations that seem irretreivably bleak.

Most Negative

FCB. Is there even a question on this one?

Best Use of an Emoticon

Web Scorpion. Hasn't flexed as much muscle in this area as previous years, but has the ability to move off the palette of 25 pre-selected emoticons and deliver a haymaker. TC's also quite the emoticon innovator.

Nicest

savafan, a constantly pleasant fellow.

Best Moderator

There is no "I" in team.

And a few extra awards for the folks at home:

The Brevity is the Soul of Wit Award

gm, says more in a sentence than most do in a book.

Poster You Want on Your Side in an Argument

WOY, not only does he carry that big statistical hammer, the guy can write a zinger with the best of them.

The Dave Concepcion Dignity in Posting Award

RFS62, if we had to send a poster to a hostile board to negotiate a cease-fire, he'd be the clear choice. Neither a hawk nor a dove, but always respectful and respected. 15fan also deserves serious consideration for this award.

4-H Award

princeton, always looking after the farm.

Best Non-Reds Fan

ramp, we could use more like him. SwampTurkey's also quite a nice resource to have around.

Rookie of the Year

Red Heeler, his Jose Contreras idea cinched my vote. Red Leader joined December, 2001 and I arbitrarily picked a 2002 cutoff for this one. PuffyPig/PiggyPuff/Puffy also had a fabulous first year on the board.

Poster Emeritus

Old Reds Guard, has seen the rise and fall of this franchise more times than most of us can begin to appreciate. Saw Bucky Walters convert from 3B to the best pitcher in baseball and can measure the effect of a leadoff hitter against the accomplishments of Billy Werber. I can only hope that in 40+ plus years I've been able to attain the same quality of baseball knowledge and wisdom.

Best Continuing Installment

Doc Scott's Trade Scorecard without a doubt.
    Last edited by M2; 12-22-2002 at 02:49 PM.

Hey!
    I got a second place vote!

I RULE!

PSR

Most missed poster

Reds Storm, TC2, JaxRed - I miss their behind-the-scenes info.

Best tag line

savafan's line about statistics being made up on the spot.

Most Valuable Poster

Wow! there's too many! There are number of posters I enjoy reading for a number of reasons. I don't always agree with them and they don't with me, but I respect their views and am glad to have them as part of the "Zone." Others I agree with quite a bit. Still others always seem to bring a smile when I read their posts. ALL of them make me think! Some of my fav's are: savafan, Krusty, GM, M2, GAC, Raisor, The Teamsters, KittyDuran, Creek, Biitner Pill, guernsey, red-in-la, RFS62, and Randy in Charlotte. You ALL are MVP's in my book!

Most Clever

I'd give the edge to ChipR. Although remdog and KittyD can fire off a good zinger now and then.

Best Armchair GM

Any of our lady posters. All of us guys have too big of egos!

PS: I probably would have voted for GAC for best Armchair GM, but since he already voted for me, I didn't want anyone acusing us of a vast religious right-winged conspiracy!

Best Trademeister

No one is better than the "King of the Slobberknocker," ole' Kruster, himself!

Best Discussion

Any juicy trade rumor gets my vote. If I had to pick one from 2002, it had to be the thread where we thought a trade was brewing between the Reds and Marlins last July. With all the inside information and conflicting reports, that was fun.

Worst Typist

id rath#r nought anser thqt Bcuz I doent want 2 0ffind anee-wun

Best Use of Statistics

Definitely my vote goers to west-of-you. Every time I get on one of my passionate outbursts, he has to drag facts and statistics into the discussion!

Nicest

savafan - even when he disagrees with you, you feel as if he respects you.

Best Moderator

Whaaat? Are you trying to get me banned from RedsZone? They all qualify as "best."
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Most missed poster

Red Storm and CQ are the two guys I miss reading the most who used to contribute a lot. I also miss Spitball, Larkin Fan, TCII and Red Roser.

Best tag line

Team Casey’s “I believed”, but I also love Savafan’s “42% of all satistics are made up on the spot”

Best Moniker

I loved Scrap Irony, and Biitner Pill is just as creative. Nothing like a little sour mash induced whimsey. Also, Spitball is a great name. Wish I’d been smart enough to come up with something that clever.

Most Valuable Poster

Guernsey, in a landslide. Solid as a rock and always there. Probably the most balanced knowledge of baseball on the board, from the business side down to the most obscure prospects in any organization.

Most Clever

Chip and GAC. Chip does it with subtilty, GAC with sheer volume.

Best Armchair GM

Cincinnati Chili. A great guy with a tremendous grasp of the big picture. I’m also in the crowd that believes he would make a great baseball executive someday.

Best Trademeister

Krusty is the grandaddy of them all, but Scrappy (I’m still not used to calling him Biitner Pill) is close behind. Both are tireless rumor mongers, constantly searching the bottom of a liquor bottle to come up with creative ways to trade Juan Castro.

Funniest

Redsland. A wry wit and a tremendous writing ability. A great addition to the board.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY without a doubt. I’ve got the Sabremetric Encyclopedia too, but nobody wields it with such panache and common sense as WOY. It’s one thing to be able to look up statistics, but it’s quite another to be able to use them in concert with his excellent knowledge of baseball.

Most Positive

I would have to say it’s a tie between Creek, CQ, GAC, Team Casey, Team Boone, and McKenzie. And when I say most positive, I don’t mean “unrealistically positive”. All of these posters know full well the weaknesses we have, but still take a positive attitude towards our future.

Most Negative

Well, FCB, although he has some stern competition. By the way, I love the way my deck came out. Thanks again to your son for all his efforts.

Best Use of an Emoticon

Web Scorpion, for exactly the reasons M2 so aptly stated.

Nicest

Bucksfan gets my vote here. A great guy and very knowledgible fan

Additional special double secret probation honorable mention

Best Writer

A tie between M2, BCubb, and Redsland. All pros, so maybe they should be in a separate division. But I love watching a good wordsmith hammer out the prose. These guys are in a league of their own, and have the baseball knowledge to boot.
    Last edited by RFS62; 12-29-2002 at 11:18 PM.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I know my most missed vote would be split between 37Red, LarkinFan, Phil in BG, and CougarQuest. RFS62 and Wetzel also need to come around more often.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

So if I come build you a deck, or paint your house, can I garner some more votes somehow? slave laborer :evilgrin:

And I'd have to add WVRedsfan to that category of "Nicest".

And I couldn't agree more. I miss reading CQ's posts on the forum.

"So if I come build you a deck, or paint your house, can I garner some more votes somehow? slave laborer "

Yep, that's how it works.

:evilgrin:
    Last edited by RFS62; 12-23-2002 at 09:17 AM.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Originally posted by Spitball
    I know my most missed vote would be split between 37Red, LarkinFan, Phil in BG, and CougarQuest. RFS62 and Wetzel also need to come around more often.
    I could be wrong. I thought Phil had changed his name along the way.

Will the real Phil please stand up?
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Most missed poster
    Red Storm, but at least we still have his picture. :smokin:

Best tag line
    Sun Deck's "Insert pithy quote here"

Best Moniker
    TC's alter ego "UnderDunn"

Most Valuable Poster
    Well guernsey brings all the news, but RFS62 is the adult supervision for the board, so they tie.

Most Clever
    Redsland

Best Armchair GM
    Cincinnati Chili. And when you become one for real, I would make a great marketing person.

Best Trademeister
    Krusty

Best Discussion
    FCB's first child/Haynes thread

Worst Typist
    IBCK and anyone who can't take the time to type "you" vs "u".

Funniest
    M2 and WOY have made me spit water on my monitor.

Best Use of Statistics
    WOY

Most Long-winded
    It would be Red Storm if he hadn't gone missing. But I have to give the tie to geo and GAC

Most Positive
    TeamCasey

Most Negative
    FCB

Best Use of an Emoticon
    Web Scorpian

Nicest
    The Burn and RFA1966 come to mind. There are a host of others.

Best Moderator
    Oh, all of them, of course. :evilgrin:

Most Off-Topic
    Aaron's butt

And a special award to Team Selig as the poster who most enjoys my posts.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Most missed poster
    Red Storm. I miss his well written essays.

Best tag line
    I am going to go with Creek for the lifetime achievement award. She has had several very funny ones. I really like the current one.

Best Moniker
    The now defunct Scrap Irony was my favorite, although his new one is very good as well.

Most Valuable Poster
    I could never surf enough to get all of the info. that Guernsey provides. One stop shopping, I like it!

Most Clever
    Chip

Best Armchair GM
    M2, because he and I seem to have similar ideas on how to build a ballclub (BTW, thank you for the ROY vote). Honorable mention to GM and Raisor. Princeton for minor league director.

Best Trademeister
    Krusty...'nuff said.

Best Discussion
    FCB's kid up for trade.

Worst Typist:
    Ummm...me. Takes me three times to reed through my posts to make sure I spelled everything correctly.

Funniest
    Redsland

Best Use of Statistics
    West of You is excellent at putting things into perspective.

Most Long-winded
    Red Storm

Most Positive
    Team Casey

Most Negative
    Malcontent

Best Use of an Emoticon
    RHN17
    BTW, the first person to use logically should retire the award.

Nicest
    Team Casey

Most Off-Topic
    Gotta be the debate about Aaron's honey.

Best Use of the Phrase "Billardello of Blood"
    Ummm...best is the superlative of good. Is there a good use of the phrase "Billardello in Blood"?
    Last edited by Red Heeler; 12-23-2002 at 11:38 AM.

Most missed poster: Jax and Redread don't post enough

Most Valuable Poster: guernsey, but not because he posts everything-- Hand did that. The guy keeps us geniuses honest by keeping track of some fearless predictions gone wrong.

Most Clever: M2 can think against the grain

Best Armchair GM : Toot, toot!
    But I'll also say that 15Fan has a great appreciation for the economics, which is much of the battle these days.

Best Trademeister: Krusty, I wish that you were the Cards' GM

Best Discussion: who's the closer?

Worst Typist: you the man, geo

Funniest: gm, in an understated way. But I wouldn't want to get on the bad side of WoY.

Best Use of Statistics: anyone who doesn't bring up range factor.

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best? As if.

Most Negative: FCB

Nicest: definitely not me.

Best Moderator: like 'em all

Originally posted by Red Heeler

BTW, the first person to use logically should retire the award.
    Jim Bowden =

Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

*face blushes and I stand up quickly, walking to the stage. Trips and falls, and has a seizure for about 5 minutes. Finally gets back up and walks to the microphone.....*

OMG I never expected to win! I should have prepared a speech. Well, here goes. I gladly accept the Most Negative, for I have worked all year long, many late night posting, but I did what I had to do, and now that I have the Most Negative Award, I would like to first of all, thank god. Without God, I wouldn't have been able to have the energy to post negative and terrible things. Thank you so much God. I would like to thank my parents for making love several times to reproduce me, without that I wouldn't be here today either. Next off I would like to thank my agent Peter Pinklepopper, you're the best Pete. Also, thanks to the Redszoners. Krusty for his name which would often make me go into violent fits and walk along the streets beating homeless people with whiffle ball bats. All the moderators and I think you know why Creek for her daily poll that she used to run purposely angering me to the point that I would once again, take it out on the homeless people. WOY for disrespecting every post he can, and never having an actual argument other than his stats(he's probably going to reply with the stats on how many times he's argued without using stats, or maybe he'll think I'll do that, so he'll make an argument about how many times I've used stats, no, he'll probably just post some random stat so my head will burst so I will go take it out on the homeless again, yea thats what he'll do, I KNOW YOU WOY YOU CAN'T GET IN MY HEAD !! HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!)

uhh, where was I? Oh yeah, I was complaining. But seriously, thanks for the award I'll cherish it forever.

Turn Off Ads?