Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Second Annual Redszone Postees Awards

What did you end up naming the place TCII? And give us a location.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks for the Nods, folks. Two categories, how flattering. And since I make most of my posts on the "non" side, I'm even more humbled by the nominations (three, if you count gardening tips as a least favorite thread! )
    Wish I spent enough time reading posts to have an opinion on all the categories. To date, I can only think of the following:

Most missed : Stormy

Most Positive: Creek

Nicest: Kitty, Creek, TC, TB

Armchair GM: NWM, without a doubt

Trademeister: This category should be called "Best Ole Trademeister".

Worts typist: Whatever happened to NDRed?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Most missed poster
    Gallagher and RoyHobbsJr.

Best tag line
    Team Casey –“ Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.”

Best Moniker
    GAC, and his hose, reminds me everyday of Jim Bowden in his dream world…..ha ha ha.

Most Valuable Poster
    Anti-Bowden fans, they are many but a quiet group.

Most Clever
    Boss Hog and Team Casey

Best Armchair GM
    Princeton and M2, Impressive, interesting and they know what they are talking about without common emotions.

Best Trademeister
    Chili

Best Discussion
    Syncope calling Christians looneys
    Worst Typist
    Team Boone
    Funniest
    Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post?
    RF62 When he does his bleeding heart post for Bob Boone.

Best Use of Statistics
    Tom from Jax Florida

Most Long-winded
    Without question RedStorm……..I read his post when I can’t sleep. Vs drugs.

Most Positive
    Kitty Duran, Team Casey she never seen a Reds player who should be kicked out of town.
    Most Negative
    SpringfieldFan, he tells it like it is, and Bowden hates him.

Best Use of an Emoticon
    Kitty Duran

Nicest
    SpringfielFan, Kitty Duran

Best Moderator
    15Fan, CougarQuest, ChipR……..true objective diplomats
    Best Chatter
    GAC under the influence,,,,,,,,,good thing he aint driving.

Most Off-Topic
    Desperate Bowden supporters……………..

Last edited by Spring~Fields; 12-26-2002 at 07:05 PM.

TC II
    The Bar was finally named Hippo Joe's Bar and Grill. It is located in Evendale. I'll try and post a new htread. I do not want to hijack this thread.

Best poster by far is RFS62.

Nicest is the ORIGINAL TC.

Most clever is a tie between Boss and TC.

Best armchair GM is Princeton and possibly RFS62.

Most missed would be LINEDRIVER

Hey, I am not getting any 'love' here. How about a new catergory? Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird.

Originally posted by 01Red Blooded American
    Hey, I am not getting any 'love' here. How about a new catergory? Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird.

ok, I vote for Ernie then.

;-)

Originally posted by Raisor
    ok, I vote for Ernie then.

;-)
    HMMMM Well than, how about: Best Moderator who lives in California that is a Master Sergeant in the USAF, between the ages of 30 and 40, and has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a bird, and not named Ernie.

Does this mean GIK's bird is named Ernie?

Odd name for a bird...

Arizona...home of the 2001 WS Champion Diamondbacks
    Best Use of an Emoticon
    RHN17

Most Off-Topic
    Gotta be the debate about Aaron's honey.
    Thank you for the award I may not be as mastered at the emoticons as Web Scorp, but I try

LOL at the Most Off-Topic Award...
    Last edited by RedHotNumber17; 12-30-2002 at 08:58 PM.
    A Penny for my thoughts=BRAD

"Come on ride the Train...Ride It...Come on ride the train...the D-Train"...Dontrelle Willis and the Boys...swimmin' their way to another World Series Championship...I love Brad Penny...always and forever <3

Darryl Andrew Kile--12/2/68-6/22/02
    "Mr. GQ...you are be sorely missed!!!"

Thanks for the opportunity creek, chili...best wishes!

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Boy, you leave for a few months ...

None of these categories work for me, so I'll have to invent my own so I get the accolades I so richly deserve.

Poster most likely to be a leading authority on the color beige:
    gonelong

Thank you, thank you all.

GL

Originally posted by 01Red Blooded American
    Oh, you mean the "Sgt. Carter" Award :evilgrin:

Last edited by GAC; 12-30-2002 at 05:52 PM.

Oh, you mean the "Sgt. Carter" Award
    Well, gollee, Sgt. Carter...
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

First I'd like to thank those who mentioned me, it's nice to get accolades and almost downright pleasurable to see TeamSelig express himself by using more than one sentance. Don't worry TS I don't want in your head. and it's not because I'm afraid of the dark either

most missed

Aside from Dude from NC or Ben Marcum or Danny Boy I'd have to say LINEDRIVER... we could use more Guac and Cooper too.

Best Tag Line Most are good, some are bad... but I always read VR's and Chilis, even though I know what they say.

Best Moniker Frankly I have a hard time remembering who is who if the first 3 letters spell Red (Buckeye is the next confusing one) But my favorite is The Old Red Guard, who is a personal hero of mine and a man I hope to learn more from.

MVP (Poster) The eastern side of me refuses to point out someone who exceeds the collective of this group, the vastness of the posters almost assures that if someone leaves someone will slide in their place, just like baseball.

That said I would hate Guernsey to stop posting, because he does more leg work than an intern in the entertainment industry.

Most Clever I'm a fan of the BCubb man and the Creek

Best Armchair GM I'd go with a team of 4, Princeton is the head of all things Minor League, Chili and Reds Baron head off the offensive side and M2 heads off the group by revamping the Reds pitching.

Trademeister Trades bore me... fake ones that is, they are like imagining dates with supermodels, not likely to happen and often frustrating" Most realistic deals I've seen come from Rojo though.

Best Discussion I enjoyed the LaRue discussion, the Konkerko range/assists discussion and anything that deals in facts over emotional evidence.

Worts Typis Uttering it won't change it.

Funniest I like Creeks one liners and Raisors comebacks.

Best use of Statistics Steel SD breaks the stuff down to the atom level, consistently impressive. Steve4192 also rocks my world he teaches me something in every post.

Most Long-winded Folks have you met Edskin?

Most Positive TeamBoone, The Mother Teresa of Redszone

Most Negative They know who they are, let them live with it.

Nicest Not me for sure , how bout Larkin Fan

Best Moderator A tough job that when offered to me I ran screaming.... "but sometimes I HAVE to be a prick! I prop my boys 15fan and ChipR (not taking anything away from the boys behind the curtain though)

Best Chatter Chat? what exactly is that?

Best Off Topic Chili, get a yard!!! Gardening rules, it's a zen like experience that can be enhanced by many beers and a good game on the radio. Next would be "what's in your CD player" It's lead me to make sure I have a copy of my faves if I have ride with any of you.

Turn Off Ads?