Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Buchholz

7 6.36%
  • Dallas Buck

4 3.64%
  • Zach Cozart

16 14.55%
  • Carlos Fisher

6 5.45%
  • Ryan Hanigan

3 2.73%
  • Chris Heisey

9 8.18%
  • Sean Henry

1 0.91%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

2 1.82%
  • Jeremy Horst

0 0%
  • Ben Jukich

0 0%
  • Sam Lecure

0 0%
  • Matt Maloney

9 8.18%
  • Ramon Ramirez

31 28.18%
  • Adam Rosales

3 2.73%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

9 8.18%
  • Justin Turner

5 4.55%
  • Pedro Viola

1 0.91%
  • Brandon Waring

1 0.91%
  • Travis Wood

3 2.73%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #16 prospect?

I know next to nothing about cricket so I have no idea.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What about him?
    Why no inclusion over the likes of Jukich?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Why no inclusion over the likes of Jukich?
    I included Travis Wood. He's the last player listed since it's in alphabetical order.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I voted Ramirez

BTW I'm keeping my eye on Eymann his defense is seemingly good enough to play a viable major league SS unless someone knows something I don't. His bat was awful up until this season which I thought was probably a bit flukish until I looked closer at the #'s. He cut down his K's from up around 100 (his avg the past 3 seasons) down to 65 this season and his BA and Slg% jumped 50+ points. It's still soon to be sure but it looks as though he may have turned a corner and has actually improved his ability to make contact, stay tuned.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I included Travis Wood. He's the last player listed since it's in alphabetical order.
    Ah, that's what we get when we assume, I saw the post and just assumed he didn't make the list. I didn't look to hard for him due to knowing who I was gonna vote for this time.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    I know next to nothing about cricket so I have no idea.
    Maybe I should have said, is this kosher? Or permissible? Within the parameters? Or, is this OK?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Maybe I should have said, is this kosher? Or permissible? Within the parameters? Or, is this OK?
    OK, that I would have understood.

I have to say, I would put Ramirez high on my list. I recall when he was called up to AAA in may, he really struggled with his first few starts, but put up good strikeout numbers, and then they put him in the pen for a few games. After two games in the pen, they put him back in the rotation, and then... 2.12 era after the all star break. Pre all star he was 4.10. He improved so much in the second half, and seemed to be able to translate his skills to the Major league level when he was called up. If he can pitch anywhere near like he did this year next year, he could be more then a bottom of the rotation starter. And saying he is to small is pure bull, he is smaller then was Ron Guidry, who, coincidentally, had his first full MLB season when he was 26, and spent most of his time in the minors as a releiver. It all depends on if his second half was a fluke or not.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I voted Ramirez

BTW I'm keeping my eye on Eymann his defense is seemingly good enough to play a viable major league SS unless someone knows something I don't. His bat was awful up until this season which I thought was probably a bit flukish until I looked closer at the #'s. He cut down his K's from up around 100 (his avg the past 3 seasons) down to 65 this season and his BA and Slg% jumped 50+ points. It's still soon to be sure but it looks as though he may have turned a corner and has actually improved his ability to make contact, stay tuned.
    Eymann had an interesting jump in his numbers this year. I think he's about as much of a shortstop as Adam Rosales, though. I don't think he should enter the conversation for the Reds' top-30 prospects, but if he performs in Louisville like he did in Chattanooga, he'll be particularly exciting to watch.

I have nowhere else to put this so I'll just post it here:

Ross (CA): After seeing their performances at the MLB level, who do you choose for the future: Justin Upton or Jay Bruce?

SportsNation Jim Callis: (2:44 PM ET ) I'm going to say Bruce, tough call though.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/onlin...08/267226.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I think Bruce puts up better counting stats, but Upton will close in with the better plate discipline. Real close.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think Bruce puts up better counting stats, but Upton will close in with the better plate discipline. Real close.
    Upton is a better defender though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Upton is a better defender though, right?
    Not right now he isn't. Scouts love the tools, but the ones I talk to think he just doesn't care about defense, so he doesn't work on it at all and it shows. His ZR is low and the amount of plays out of the zone is also lowish. Bruce has a better ZR and gets to more balls out of the zone, at least last year in RF for both of them. They both had the same fielding % too, so I would say right now, Bruce certainly is holding an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Not right now he isn't. Scouts love the tools, but the ones I talk to think he just doesn't care about defense, so he doesn't work on it at all and it shows. His ZR is low and the amount of plays out of the zone is also lowish. Bruce has a better ZR and gets to more balls out of the zone, at least last year in RF for both of them. They both had the same fielding % too, so I would say right now, Bruce certainly is holding an advantage.
    Good to know. Thanks Doug.

There is also this little tidbit from BA:

Several managers and scouts in the MWL didn't like Upton's attitude and effort. They said he showed bad body language and often ran slowly to first, and they saw a few blowups in the dugout when he broke bats or got into arguments with his manager.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/onlin...es/263346.html

Not that that stuff means much to me, but when the skills are similar, I'll take the guy with the better makeup. Bruce is a class act from everything I've read and seen. Upton is a great talent though. I think he and Bruce will battle it out for some MVP's somewhere down the road.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?