Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A mystery team has offered Furcal 3 yrs 39 million..hmmmm could it be the Reds??

Re: A mystery team has offered Furcal 3 yrs 39 million..hmmmm could it be the Reds??

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'd love to know who those surprising names are.
    I would hope that the names would include Derek Lowe, I would fear they include Pudge Rodriguez.

I have a feeling that they will sign at least one significant free agent before it's over and a couple of roster fillers (possibly a BP arm and a pinch hitter). It wouldn't surprise me to see them pull the trigger on an Arroyo deal if the right return comes along and then dip into FA for a rotation replacement.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 11-26-2008 at 09:33 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A mystery team has offered Furcal 3 yrs 39 million..hmmmm could it be the Reds??

If the Reds sign Furcal they would be repeating the mistake of signing Gonzo.

:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I would hope that the names would include Derek Lowe, I would fear they include Pudge Rodriguez.

I have a feeling that they will sign at least one significant free agent before it's over and a couple of roster fillers (possibly a BP arm and a pinch hitter). It wouldn't surprise me to see them pull the trigger on an Arroyo deal if the right return comes along and then dip into FA for a rotation replacement.
    I would hope that the names would not include Lowe if he is truly asking for a Zito-like deal. I'd much rather sign Furcal for $11M/year.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    If the Reds sign Furcal they would be repeating the mistake of signing Gonzo.

:thumbdown
    It would likely prove to be a much bigger mistake than Gonzo.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sounds like Oaktown just might get this thing done. And that's good for the rest of the FA & Tradeable SS situations to fall into place.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/mlb?page=2

Rafael Furcal reportedly spent much of Tuesday in the East Bay as the A's entertained the free-agent shortstop and his wife, as well as his agent, Foxsports.com reported.The 31-year-old Furcal visited the Oakland Coliseum, had lunch with A's general manager Billy Beane and also spent time touring communities where he'd be most likely to reside if he decided to sign with the A's. Furcal's wife, Glenny, and his agent, Paul Kinzer, were also on Tuesday's tour.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?