Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New M's Manager is........

Re: New M's Manager is........

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Asian's a language?
    I bet he speaks more African .*

*This post is simply a joke and reflects no political opinion or commentary in any way. Please do not respond to this post.
    Last edited by Chip R; 11-19-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Political commentary
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

At least the Reds did something right back in the mid 80s when it came to drafting.
    Last edited by Krusty; 11-19-2008 at 01:50 AM.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    I bet he speaks more African *

*This post is simply a joke and reflects no political opinion or commentary in any way. Please do not respond to this post.
    OK - oops!
    Last edited by Chip R; 11-19-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Continuation of political commentary
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Where's this guy been recently? That article seemed lacking where his coaching resume is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Where's this guy been recently? That article seemed lacking where his coaching resume is concerned
    In 2001 and 2002, Wakamatsu was a roving catching instructor in the Anaheim Angels organization. From 2003 to 2006, he was the Texas Rangers' bench coach. During the 2006 season, he served as manager for two games while Buck Showalter was in the hospital with an irregular heartbeat brought about due to dehydration, and in 2007, took the third base coach job when Ron Washington took over as manager.

In 2008 Wakamatsu was the bench coach of the Oakland Athletics. He also has served in the Arizona Diamondbacks, Cleveland Indians, Seattle Mariners and Chicago Cubs organizations, and was a candidate for the head coaching positions in Oakland and Texas in 2006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Wakamatsu

Oops- I meant I bet he speaks more Asian, not African. Well, it seemed funny when I posted it...
    Last edited by Chip R; 11-19-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Political commentary
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?