Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball

Re: UC Basketball

Vaughn should have his number retired considering how much crap he has dealt with on the team. This year hes been pretty bad at times but lets not forget how he was basically the only player on this team for 3 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Vaughn should have his number retired considering how much crap he has dealt with on the team. This year hes been pretty bad at times but lets not forget how he was basically the only player on this team for 3 years.
    Couldn't disagree more. Vaughn has regressed this season. In fact I think he has regressed over the past 2 years. IIRC he was a 1st team BE his soph year, 3rd team his Jr. year, and nothing his Senior year.

I actually think this team will get better once Vaughn departs. I think the team has looked to him for leadership this season and he has failed. He hasn't scored this season very much this season and when he isn't scoring his D goes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Vaughn has regressed this season. In fact I think he has regressed over the past 2 years. IIRC he was a 1st team BE his soph year, 3rd team his Jr. year, and nothing his Senior year.

I actually think this team will get better once Vaughn departs. I think the team has looked to him for leadership this season and he has failed. He hasn't scored this season very much this season and when he isn't scoring his D goes as well.
    The guy hasnt had a good year its not like hes been a total failure this year. Hes just taken like 100+ less shots than the years before.

Vaughn never should have been the best player on the team thanks to everyone other than him.

The team will get better once Vaughn leaves also but it wont be because he left it will hopefully because better players come in.

What a great finish.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I fully expect Louisville to come up extremely flat so I was excited to see them paired with the Rutgers-UC winner.
    Nice you were excited with their matchup. Lotta good it did them..

Cincy played pretty meh tonight. Hopefully they can string another win out. What ever helps the NCAA people put a little more stock into some of the close losses.

Cincy played pretty meh tonight. Hopefully they can string another win out. What ever helps the NCAA people put a little more stock into some of the close losses.
    I thought they looked tons better than last night. They were going after loose balls and really giving it their all. They really took it to Louisville in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I thought they looked tons better than last night. They were going after loose balls and really giving it their all. They really took it to Louisville in the 2nd half
    Their free throws are killing them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They looked like the team that beat Maryland and Vandy out in Maui in the second half. They attacked the rim, won all the loose balls and rebounded like banshees on the offensive glass. If the effort continues (and their legs hold up), look out Mounties.

Also, Vaughn sat some serious pine in the second half. I just thought that was interesting.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    They looked like the team that beat Maryland and Vandy out in Maui in the second half. They attacked the rim, won all the loose balls and rebounded like banshees on the offensive glass. If the effort continues (and their legs hold up), look out Mounties.

Also, Vaughn sat some serious pine in the second half. I just thought that was interesting.
    I agree and you put it better than I...

Think a win over WV gets cincy in the tourny?

Think a win over WV gets cincy in the tourny?
    Cats need to make the final, IMO. So two more wins and 20 overall. They dug themselves too deep a hole in February to be one game away from the tourney.

But I think tonight's win ensures them of a spot in the NIT. So they've got that going for them, which is nice.
    Last edited by paintmered; 03-10-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Maybe UC's had everybody fooled!

I think a win tomorrow may just be enough...2 more should lock it.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Cats need to make the final, IMO. So, two more wins.
    a Win over WV would really really up their good wins.

I think if they can pull one off over WV a few of their close losses get looked at better they they currently do. Who knows.

Lunardi seems to thinks we can get in with a win over WVU...

Turn Off Ads?