Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: UC Basketball

UC getting THROTTLED by Marquette....and they look absolutley horrific while doing it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    UC getting THROTTLED by Marquette....and they look absolutley horrific while doing it.
    Yep. They can't run on offense at all, none. Before anyone says "but they don't have a PG", it doesn't matter. They can't even run a basic offense, can't shoot, can't screen, nothing. The defense is horrible. In Cronin's tenure, they have NEVER been able to defend against the 3, and after today it clear they still can't. Marquette scored 45 points from beyond the arch.

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    Yep. They can't run on offense at all, none. Before anyone says "but they don't have a PG", it doesn't matter. They can't even run a basic offense, can't shoot, can't screen, nothing. The defense is horrible. In Cronin's tenure, they have NEVER been able to defend against the 3, and after today it clear they still can't. Marquette scored 45 points from beyond the arch.

Disgusting.
    But they don't have a second point guard.

They need to be able to create opportunities on offense. They don't have the ability to defend two mobile guards on defense, and the young big guys don't have the patience necessary to run offense. This is essentially the same type of talent that Temple has been trying to make a living on for the last decade, except they aren't using a good offensive plan, and can't play quality zone defense.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

UC has a big one at Depaul today. A win would be huge, it would put them at 12-6 overall and 2-3 in the Big East.

Got a little hairy at the end. Probably should've won by more, but who cares, it was a road win in the Big East, which is never a bad thing. Interesting that a team can win a game without scoring a field goal in the last 8+ minutes of the game.

Big win on the road, but they made it scary at the end.

A win is a win so I'll take it. I'd liked to have been 3-2 in Big East play after five games, but 2-3 isn't downright terrible.

The next two games at Providence and at St. John's are big though, because UC really needs to win those to prevent a Big East catastrophe. That's because the ugly stretch begins January 28th against Georgetown, and the schedule doesn't get much better than that beyond the 28th. Starting with Georgetown on the 28th, seven of the next nine games are against ranked opponents with one of the two unranked opponents being West Virginia (who is barely unranked and may be ranked again by that time). It'd be really nice if UC could be 4-3 heading into that stretch rather than 3-4 or 2-5.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Big one at St. Johns tonight. It's an extremely winnable game, multiple St. Johns players are out due to injuries. At this point, I would be happy with an NIT bid. A win tonight makes then Cats 13-7 and 3-4 in the league. 9:00PM on ESPNU.

UC wins it 71-60. They trailed by 11 with 13 minutes to go. Very nice win. 13-7 and 3-4 in the league. Thats not that bad. Georgetown is coming to the Shoe on Wednesday, UC can win this game.

Nice comeback. Kudos to UC for this win on the road

Basically the only chance they have is to take care of business at home and youre looking at the NIT, the schedule is brutal. I like that Biggie is back in the rotation, theyre going to need him to do something.

Code:
    Wed., Jan. 28  	vs. Georgetown * TV  	Fifth Third Arena  	7:30 p.m. ET
    Sun., Feb. 1 	at Villanova * TV 	Philadelphia, Pa. 	12:00 p.m. ET
    Wed., Feb. 4 	vs. Notre Dame * TV 	U.S. Bank Arena 	7:30 p.m. ET
    Sat., Feb. 7 	at Georgetown * TV 	Washington, D.C. 	12:00 p.m. ET
    Wed., Feb. 11 	vs. St. John's * TV 	Fifth Third Arena 	7:30 p.m. ET
    Sat., Feb. 14 	at Pittsburgh * TV 	Pittsburgh, Pa. 	4:00 p.m. ET
    Sat., Feb. 21 	vs. Louisville * TV 	Fifth Third Arena 	2:00 p.m. ET
    Thu., Feb. 26 	vs. West Virginia TV 	Fifth Third Arena 	7:00 p.m. ET
    Sun., Mar. 1 	at Syracuse * TV 	Syracuse, N.Y. 	2:00 p.m. ET
    Tue., Mar. 3 	at USF * TV 	Tampa, Fla. 	7:00 p.m. ET
    Sat., Mar. 7 	vs. Seton Hall * TV 	Fifth Third Arena 	12:00 p.m

UC can beat Georgetown at home.

Huge game tomorrow with G-Town coming to the Shoe. A win puts UC at 14-7 and 4-4. If ya have an extra ticket, PM me. Thanks. Hopefully the place is loud. I would buy a ticket, but I honestly just cant afford it right now so if you have one that might go to waste, I'd love to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Huge game tomorrow with G-Town coming to the Shoe. A win puts UC at 14-7 and 4-4. If ya have an extra ticket, PM me. Thanks. Hopefully the place is loud. I would buy a ticket, but I honestly just cant afford it right now so if you have one that might go to waste, I'd love to use it.
    Bust out your snow shovel, you may be able to earn your ticket for tomorrow night.

Go Cats!

Huge game if UC can win tonight. Too bad most UC fans won't be able to watch it...

Turn Off Ads?