Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball

Retired

Re: UC Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cats are playing some bad basketball tonight. No one can tell me they are a well-coached team. Ugly. Plenty of time left but I would be surprised if they came back to win this one.
    The second half so far has been disgusting. Zero effort, no heart, can't shoot. Yancy Gates looks like he doesn't even care.

Still 12 minutes left, hopefully they do something.

2. Turn Off Ads?

U-G-L-Y, this offense ain't go no alibi. How does a team on the NCAA bubble put up 27 points in 28 minutes?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    U-G-L-Y, this offense ain't go no alibi. How does a team on the NCAA bubble put up 27 points in 28 minutes?
    Waiting for the post game presser.

"We are young", "we played great in practice", "South Florida needed this game", "It's hard to win on the road in the Big East".

Cronin's road record is about as horrible as you are going to find. They aren't running any offense at all, nothing.

Retired

And so beings the annual UC crash and burn down the stretch.

I have been a fan for a long time, but I'm not sure how much longer I can continue to watch this garbage.

One step forward (UConn victory), two steps back tonight at South Florida.

In typical Mick Cronin fashion, UC does something to give themselves a shot with a big win, and then they promptly come back and shoot themselves in the foot.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I said I wasn't going to listen to anymore of this crap.

I did tonight, and was rewarded with more crap.

Just like the snow, the crap keeps coming.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    In typical Mick Cronin fashion, UC does something to give themselves a shot with a big win, and then they promptly come back and shoot themselves in the foot.

The only problem with that is that they'd probably miss.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Mick played 11 guys in the first half. Vaughn, Gates, and Stephenson should all play 30-35+ minutes but Mick feels the need to play Wilks, Dixon, Davis, etc. I don't know if I an stomach another year of Mick's coaching.

Why is Gates so afraid to play big down low? I feel that he doesn't use his size to his advantage. For example, there was a play where he got it on the right side of the hoop, and instead of going up with it he does some spin move to the other side and misses completely. That game last night was awful. Did not look like a NCAA Bubble Team

Mike DeCourcy is reporting that Stephenson will stay for his soph year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...eturn-for-soph

Good move for him and UC

Bearcats squeaking by Depaul by a score of 52-48 with about 10 minutes left to go in the game. Deonta Vaughn has chipped in a deuce so far. What happened to DV?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bearcats squeaking by Depaul by a score of 52-48 with about 10 minutes left to go in the game. Deonta Vaughn has chipped in a deuce so far. What happened to DV?
    He's fallen off the face of the earth, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Bearcats hang on by a final of 74-69. Gates and Stephenson combined for 41 points. UC shot a sickening 14-31 from the charity stripe and 0-9 from the three-point line.

Pretty much the only reason UC won tonight was because they played a home game against the worst team in the Big East.

This team better figure something - anything - out in the next few days, or they'll be run off the court three straight times coming up. It's just hard to watch, and it's equally as hard to figure out how this is the same team that beat Vandy and Maryland in Maui (and should have beaten Gonzaga there too).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It takes 20 wins to get to the dance. If they play the way they did tonight against the next 3, they won't win a single game. There's still the Big East tournament...

Glad they won, but let's not kid ourselves...

Huggs is licking his chops...and he should be.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 02-25-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Turn Off Ads?