Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball

Re: UC Basketball

Pretty bad way to lose for UC tonight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I feel sick.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Everyone can thank Pete Rose once again for jinxing the city and its sports teams. How we looking since he was banned from the HOF in 1991? Way to ruin sports for Cincinnati Pete.

Wow what a loss. So many just like that this year. Its a shame you dont get half a win for games like those.

Anyone think that Cincy would have won or at least be an at large bid if they werent playing in the Big East? Every team in that conference is worthy of making the NCAA.

I've been up since 4am. I'm tired as crap. I have to get up again tomorrow morning by 5:30am.

And I stayed up to watch that.

A fitting way to end an overall sad season, I guess.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Jay Bilas needs a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.

"It was way too easy for West Virginia to get the ball in here."

EASY?!?!?!? It was easy for them to take 3 1/2 seconds to inbound the ball to a guy going away from the basket so he can bank in an off balanced three from NBA range with a hand in his face? EASY? I'm not sure UC could have asked for a better inbounds defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Anyone else feel that Cincy wasnt getting many calls on their under the basket shots?

I feel sick also. I'll tell you one thing, they played with heart and even though they came up just short. In most cases I would have said that officiating may very well of cost them this game. In the end, Dixon's mistake was the killer. I hate to blame the guy because I'm sure he blames himself more than anyone. There was no need for him to push the ball like that against the sideline when he should've dumped back to Vaughn. Woulda, coulda, shoulda I guess. Hopefully UC can use this as a stepping stone.

Bright side Stephenson finally figured out that he can handle taking over the game if he needs to. I've been waiting for him to go Kobe Bryant all year.

Ouch. This one hurts. Bad.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It's amazing what 3 seconds can do in college basketball.

I'm a UC fan, and always will be. This one stings.

I'll be pulling for Huggs in the tournament.

First off, I'm a UC fan.

But I must say, UC plays the ugliest game of basketball I've seen in a long time. Plus they play just plain old stupid. If it wasn't for great athletes, they'd have no chance. Even the BE tourney games they won, I just shook my head that it was minor miracle they won those.

Wright dribbles entirely too much, Stephenson goes one-on-one too much, there is no motion on offense, nobody sets picks, I have no idea why they don't pound the ball inside to Gates, and Vaughn seems to have forgotten how to play basketball. Their best play is to throw the ball up and crash the boards. They are good at getting balls in scrambles and making those shots.

I think the 3 ESPN announcers were fairly disgusted by what they saw. As a basketball fan, I was too. Plain old ugly.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I felt like the refs were not calling quite a few fouls on WVU, and called some questionable calls on Cincinnati. But I just don't understand why Dixon was in, you might as well by Eddie Tyree in since he is actually PG. (Not really but you get the point)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I think the 3 ESPN announcers were fairly disgusted by what they saw. As a basketball fan, I was too. Plain old ugly.

I think they were pretty impressed with how UC played effort wise these last three games. I don't think this team honestly has the ability to play pretty basketball. There just aren't many scorers. UC's best chance comes when they are in an ugly basketball game.

Honestly, the game last night was pretty terribly officiated. I think the announcers sounded more critical of the officiating than the style of play. The officials might be getting tired also. There were just too many missed calls and I really believe I've seen the worst officiating this year than I can remember. The whole charge/blocking call under the basket is called so inconsistently that it is almost criminal. I don't really blame the Refs for that since they haven't painted the semi-circle on floors yet. Traveling/carrying calls are terribly inconsistent also.

Just talking about last night, there are a few plays that I think were really badly called. Gates "foul" when denying the pass to the block was bad, the charge call on Vaughn for pushing off after the WVU player collided with him, and the hand in the face of Stephenson when he ended up coughing up the ball. Really though, that Stephenson play was just awful. Right in front of a ref and such an obvious call. I've never seen anything like that.

I also agree with the announcers that the whole double bye with all 16 teams playing should be eliminated. Its just not fair to a team like UC who has to play 3 nights in a row when they play a team that is playing their first game. I don't think they had their legs under them until about half way through the first half. Its just a terrible disadvantage.

All things considered, and even though it will be tough to forgive Dixon, I am proud as a fan with how they played last night. They seemingly kept in the game on pure will. Hopefully this is the stretch we can point to as when UC finally got some swagger back.

Hopefully UC plays some bonus basketball somewhere and they can get some home games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs212 View Post
    I felt like the refs were not calling quite a few fouls on WVU, and called some questionable calls on Cincinnati. But I just don't understand why Dixon was in, you might as well by Eddie Tyree in since he is actually PG. (Not really but you get the point)

I can live with Dixon being in there, but he made a terrible decision to try and take it himself down the sideline. You have to get the ball back in the middle of the court. Honestly, I would've given it back to Deonta after the inbound and trusted him to take it down if you aren't going to try and get it to Stephenson, which would be my first choice.

Turn Off Ads?