Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: UC Basketball

Re: UC Basketball

UC played a gritty basketball game. I was impressed with both the effort and the coaching, yes the coaching.

I have been very critical of Wilks but I have come around to him. IMO he offers more than Bishop does and deserves to be on the court more. He brings a spark and can actually hit a 3. He needs to play within himself, but if he does he can become a very good player.

As for Bilas comments I do tend to agree about the inbound pass. To me it doesn't make sense not to guard the ball. When the player can't move a guy like Gates can cut off many passing lanes. While the banked in 3 was guarded, Butler was able to catch the ball cleanly.

I do think Wright pounds the ball into the floor too much. As said multiple times by Bilas, Stephenson needs to work without the ball. That, improving his shot, and defense will take him from a good player to an elite player. He likes the spotlight and came up big last night.

Didn't like the last inbound play. 2 TO's and a poorly designed play. I would have had Wilks come to the ball and then turn and throw an outlet pass to the in bounder. Too often teams panic when the clock is under 10 seconds, but 6 seconds is a long time, especially when going straight towards the basket.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You all make very good comments but at the end of the day the main thing UC needs to do better is shoot the ball through the hoop. They are just so challenged in that area. They struggle from the field and from the free throw line. That's the object of the game and UC doesn't do it too well.

I do think UC grew some in this tournament and if their performance gets them into another post season tourney that experience should be valuable as well. I don't know if they're good enough for the NIT but if they do go they can use the goal of getting back to New York to motivate them.

I've said all along that at their best the Bearcats remind me of the mid 90's versions of the team. Lots of generally ugly play, no offensive flow, terrible free throw shooters(anyone remember Keith Legree) and a defense that looks like they'd just as soon knock you upside the head for trying to get in the lane.
    What UC doesn't seem to have is the dynamic scorer who can bail them out when the half court offense stalls.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Lance Stephenson said that Butler called bank when he shot it...

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Lance Stephenson said that Butler called bank when he shot it...
    Yep.

"He called it,'' said Cincinnati's Lance Stephenson who was defending Butler. "He said, 'Bank.' I said, 'What?' I turned around and saw it go in. Oh man.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/Colleg...e-butler-did-it

I like Huggins but the West Virginia fans make it incredibly hard to pull for them. One of the most classless fan bases ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    I like Huggins but the West Virginia fans make it incredibly hard to pull for them. One of the most classless fan bases ever.
    Did you say classless or toothless :

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post

I can't remember exactly but isn't he the dude that played for UC and was dismissed before even finishing a year at UC. If it is, I have a heard a pretty funny story about him. It is actually the reason he was dismissed from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    We appreciate the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    We appreciate the compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Did you say classless or toothless :
    A poster attacks West Virginia fans (many of whom bleeds Cincinnati Red like myself), I fire back and my post gets censored...elitism and bias at its best.

Classless part, some are in the eyes of others to an extent, I'll be the first to admit that when sPitt is in town, we have ZERO respect for them, same when VT used to have the cajonies to play us. WV fans are tired of their team not receving any respect from the rest of the nation. We may have never won the MNC however we are 14th on the all time wins list. Sorry if we don't compare to the mighty Buckeyes, but to say that WV fans have no class is an ignorant comment made by someone who has no clue what occurs in Mo-Town.

Just this past season WV coaches and players embraced UCONN players before and after the game in the wake of Jasper Howard's tragic death, not to mention many people claimed that everyone was Huskies at Mountaineer Field on that October day. That victory over UCONN was bittersweet.

Toothless part, typical stereotypes of WV. WV was obviously the smartest part of VA during the 19th Century, abolishing slavery, supporting Abe Lincoln and the Union, and being the only state formed from the Civil War.
    Last edited by will5979; 03-13-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    A poster attacks West Virginia fans (many of whom bleeds Cincinnati Red like myself), I fire back and my post gets censored...elitism and bias at its best.

Classless part, some are in the eyes of others to an extent, I'll be the first to admit that when sPitt is in town, we have ZERO respect for them, same when VT used to have the cajonies to play us. WV fans are tired of their team not receving any respect from the rest of the nation. We may have never won the MNC however we are 14th on the all time wins list. Sorry if we don't compare to the mighty Buckeyes, but to say that WV fans have no class is an ignorant comment made by someone who has no clue what occurs in Mo-Town.

Just this past season WV coaches and players embraced UCONN players before and after the game in the wake of Jasper Howard's tragic death, not to mention many people claimed that everyone was Huskies at Mountaineer Field on that October day. That victory over UCONN was bittersweet.

Toothless part, typical stereotypes of WV. WV was obviously the smartest part of VA during the 19th Century, abolishing slavery, supporting Abe Lincoln and the Union, and being the only state formed from the Civil War.
    You are incorrect to assume you were the only one to be admonished. Besides, there's a difference between insulting a fan base and insulting an individual poster. You did the latter. You should have left it alone.

And next time, PM me if you have a problem with what I did and leave it out of the forums.
    Last edited by paintmered; 03-13-2010 at 12:03 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Best to just ignore them since discussing a warning normally just gets you nothing but more negativity from them.

Turn Off Ads?