Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Coco Crisp Traded To The Royals

Re: Coco Crisp Traded To The Royals

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    For Pie, Cedeno or Fontenot? Please Walt get DeJesus and keep him from them. Now would be the perfect time to put together a Stubbs, Bailey, Roenicke + Francisco/Turner deal for Greinke and DeJesus. I would then flip Greinke to Texas for a package with Andrus heading it, if they balk at that I go to Atlanta with Arroyo for Escobar + a prospect.
    That was for Mark Teahen. Teahen is an interesting target because he can play LF/RF/3B. Dejesus is also a good target, but I don't know where you are getting the idea that the Royals will trade Greinke. And BTW Ronny Cedeno would be an excellent fit as our new slick fielding SS, but I doubt the Cubs would trade him within the division...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Rotoworld guesses Roenicke was the one Jocketty attempted to deal for Crisp.
    I would have happily dealt Roenicke for Crisp.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That was for Mark Teahen. Teahen is an interesting target because he can play LF/RF/3B. Dejesus is also a good target, but I don't know where you are getting the idea that the Royals will trade Greinke. And BTW Ronny Cedeno would be an excellent fit as our new slick fielding SS, but I doubt the Cubs would trade him within the division...
    Ah, I misread that part of it.

On Greinke it's just a hunch that if you offered them a good enough package they would jump on it. I can't sit here and say I think we can present that kind of package perse, but I would offer to see what they would have to say. Below is where I am getting the hunch.

Zack Greinke sounds like he intends to take a wait-and-see approach before committing to a long-term future with the Royals. "I'm comfortable with my pitching ability," he said, "to (the point) where I feel like I'm going to pitch (well) for a while. I don't need to get a long-term deal because I feel I'll be able to pitch (well) and earn a long-term deal when I become a free agent." Club officials previously indicated a desire to work out a long-term contract for Greinke, who isn't eligible for free agency until after the 2010 season. The club's preference is to buy out at least one year of free-agent eligibility. Greinke indicated his decision might hinge on the Royals' on-field success.

Kansas City Star
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Dear Zack Greinke,

While you would probably have long-term financial security with a LTC with the Royals, if your decision to sign said LTC with the Royals hinges on their on-field success, then start looking at real estate in the other MLB markets....

Love,
    Highlifeman21

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Dear Zack Greinke,

While you would probably have long-term financial security with a LTC with the Royals, if your decision to sign said LTC with the Royals hinges on their on-field success, then start looking at real estate in the other MLB markets....

Love,
    Highlifeman21
    Exactly my point.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?