Turn Off Ads?

Thread: For Parents With Small Kids

For Parents With Small Kids

I know there are many parents with young children on this board so I wanted to bring attention to a potential tragedy that you could avoid with your children.

Last Saturday while we were at the BRM reunion we received a phone call that our friends 18 month old daughter had got caught in window blind cords and was strangled to death. Her mother put her down for her nap and she apparently reached out for the cords from a nearby blind and accidentally wrapped it around her neck and died. She was a very sweet little girl and her mother is sick beyond belief with grief. Please take time to look at this link and take time to fix any potential hazards your young child may encounter.

http://www.marshallbrain.com/cp/drape-cords.htm
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: For Parents With Small Kids

Scary to think, but great advice.

My little guy's getting to that age where he crawls everywhere and will be walking soon, so we've had to develop a "baby jail" to keep him in the areas that we want at this point. The window blinds cords we learned early on to move them up because he liked to chew on them...

The sad thing is, it was a total accident and her mother will likely feel guilty and responsible for the rest of her life. Way too sad. "Baby proofing" one's house is impossible, something will always happen.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Man, that's terrible news. My wife was always right on top of those cords when our kids were toddlers, thank goodness.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Man, that's terrible news. My wife was always right on top of those cords when our kids were toddlers, thank goodness.
    My wife really stressed the same when our kids were that age. I used to think she was kinda overreacting with the safety thing but I was very, very wrong about that.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?