Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    For those who thought Boyd would end up a Buckeye, a shocker as he opted for Clemson.

I thought it was between Ohio State and Oregon?
    Boyd played his recruitment very poorly. He committed to all three schools over the last week. He told Tressel that he was coming on Sunday. Tressel had a kid from Kettering Alter, Austin Boucher on the back burner. Ohio State needed a third scholarship QB for depth for 2009 and beyond. Tressel called Boucher, and told him that he would not have a scholarship available. Boucher and his twin brother, committed to become Miami RedHawks. The Clemson coaches made a last minute visit to Boyd on Monday. Supposedly Boyd called Jim Tressel, Tuesday morning, and told him he was still coming, and requested to wear #10. Boyd then calls an audible, and Tressel is left with no third string scholarship QB. He calls up Boucher, and offers him the scholarship. Boucher turns him down, he gave Miami his word, he is a man of character.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tahj Boyd strikes me as an Alex Legion of college football, except without the crazy mother. Both were very immature in how they handled their collegiate decisions, and it wouldn't shock me if Boyd tried to bolt if he didn't get his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I can't blame the guy for not wanting to jump at the chance to become a 3rd string QB

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I can't blame the guy for not wanting to jump at the chance to become a 3rd string QB
    Boucher? I agree with you.

Boyd is a probable Redshirt. He would have had two years of seperation from Pryor and Bauserman. At most decent schools QBs have to ride the pine a little. I don't care that he didn't come to Ohio State, I am mad about how he handled his recruitment and how he basically lied to three schools. His decision impacted other kids, not only at Ohio State, but also Oregon and Clemson. What was wrong with telling the coaching staffs that he still had to make up his mind? Don't be the girl who can't pick a prom date.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Boucher? I agree with you.

Boyd is a probable Redshirt. He would have had two years of seperation from Pryor and Bauserman. At most decent schools QBs have to ride the pine a little. I don't care that he didn't come to Ohio State, I am mad about how he handled his recruitment and how he basically lied to three schools. His decision impacted other kids, not only at Ohio State, but also Oregon and Clemson. What was wrong with telling the coaching staffs that he still had to make up his mind? Don't be the girl who can't pick a prom date.
    I think most of the time I'd agree with you about making a pick already. But in this case Boyd had a very tough decision, none were quite ideal but all had their allure. Granted I don't think any of these kids should tell any coach anything definitively until they know themselves for sure but he is what 17 or 18 years old. All of this would have been moot if the school he wanted to go to (Tenn.) hadn't kicked the chair out from under him, so maybe he felt what's good for the goose (schools) is good for the gander (students). I can't say I necc. blame him completely. All those coaches know that nothing is ever gauranteed until pen hits paper or until a kid decides against Ohio State (then Tressel stops recruiting them, except Boucher).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?