Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 140

Thread: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

  1. #121
    All Fired Up Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Why Tajh Boyd was even recruited by Tennessee to begin with, whether it be Lane Kiffin or Phil Fulmer, is beyond me. He is far from a fit in that offense.
    Really?

    The QB of the 98 UT National Champions was the athletic Tee Martin, running a Pro set offense. Running a Pro-set/West Coast offense shouldn't always preclude option/zone read plays. In fact, two of the most dynamic West Coast offenses in recent NCAA memory were the 98 UCLA Bruins and the 04 Auburn Tigers, QB'd by the athletic Cade McNown and Jason Campbell, repsectively. In both cases, the OC was Alan Borges, whom Tommy Tuberville canned a year ago.

    Say what wish about Charlie Weis, but at least he tried to recruit Terrelle Pryor.
    If Kiffin is going to turn away a talent like that, he has no business running a top-flight D1 program.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #122
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Milford, Clifton
    Posts
    1,585

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Someone tell Boyd that he's welcome at UC. Looks like he'll end up at OSU, though.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

  4. #123
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Someone tell Boyd that he's welcome at UC. Looks like he'll end up at OSU, though.
    If I were Boyd, I would seriously consider Michigan.

    Instant playing time. If he goes to OSU, he is waiting two years until Pryor goes pro. Plus it would give people in West Virginia more reason to hate Rodriguez.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  5. #124
    Member cincrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Vienna, OH
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If I were Boyd, I would seriously consider Michigan.

    Instant playing time. If he goes to OSU, he is waiting two years until Pryor goes pro. Plus it would give people in West Virginia more reason to hate Rodriguez.
    Instant playing time, and instant losing

  6. #125
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    If I were Boyd, I would seriously consider Michigan.

    Instant playing time. If he goes to OSU, he is waiting two years until Pryor goes pro. Plus it would give people in West Virginia more reason to hate Rodriguez.
    Michigan has two high rated hand picked QB recruits already on the way. RichRod thinks they are perfect for him. Rumors are circulating, nothing concrete, that Joe Bauserman may be transferring out of Ohio State because he wants playing time. Boyd may come in and be #2 by default, there are no other QBs on scholarship at Ohio State. Pryor scared off Rob Schoenhoft, Antonio Henton, and maybe Bauserman.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  7. #126
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Michigan has two high rated hand picked QB recruits already on the way. RichRod thinks they are perfect for him. Rumors are circulating, nothing concrete, that Joe Bauserman may be transferring out of Ohio State because he wants playing time. Boyd may come in and be #2 by default, there are no other QBs on scholarship at Ohio State. Pryor scared off Rob Schoenhoft, Antonio Henton, and maybe Bauserman.
    I think the two you mentioned at QB are Tate Forcier and Shavodrick Beaver. Beaver is more of a prototype Rodriguez player, while Forcier reminds me of Charlie Russell who committed to WVU.(Top QB recruit from Morgantown, just no way he would fit in).

    Of course, if Pryor gets hurt, then Boyd would be the no 1 guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  8. #127
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Bauserman would be a fool to transfer. One Pryor injury and he's the guy at Ohio State. And, unfortunately, Pryor is only one big hit in the open field away from getting hurt...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  9. #128
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,648

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Bauserman would be a fool to transfer. One Pryor injury and he's the guy at Ohio State. And, unfortunately, Pryor is only one big hit in the open field away from getting hurt...
    On the other hand, if Pryor stays health, Bauserman could waste all of his eligibility riding the pine. If he's a competitor, he's going to want to be on the field playing and leading a team to a title, not holding the clipboard for a guy who has multiple years starting left in him.

    Plus, if he has any desire at all to compete at the next level, he has to go someplace where he can showcase himself.

    Transferring is a no-brainer, IMO, now that Pryor has established himself as "the man" at OSU going forward.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  10. #129
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    On the other hand, if Pryor stays health, Bauserman could waste all of his eligibility riding the pine. If he's a competitor, he's going to want to be on the field playing and leading a team to a title, not holding the clipboard for a guy who has multiple years starting left in him.

    Plus, if he has any desire at all to compete at the next level, he has to go someplace where he can showcase himself.

    Transferring is a no-brainer, IMO, now that Pryor has established himself as "the man" at OSU going forward.
    A player of Bauserman's stature isn't likely going to transfer and take a team in BCS contention by storm. He's best off rolling the dice at tOSU IMO...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  11. #130
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,179

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    A player of Bauserman's stature isn't likely going to transfer and take a team in BCS contention by storm. He's best off rolling the dice at tOSU IMO...
    Bauserman was a highly rated QB prospect coming out of high school. Not Terrelle Pryor but well thought of, top 25 nationally. He played baseball for the Pirates for three seasons. He is old for a college football player, at 23 years old, and may desire playing time if he wants to move on the the next level, or even the rest of his life. Just sayin.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  12. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Bauserman was a highly rated QB prospect coming out of high school. Not Terrelle Pryor but well thought of, top 25 nationally. He played baseball for the Pirates for three seasons. He is old for a college football player, at 23 years old, and may desire playing time if he wants to move on the the next level, or even the rest of his life. Just sayin.
    I wouldn't blame Joe if he left, but he should probably stay.

  13. #132
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,449

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Bauserman was a highly rated QB prospect coming out of high school. Not Terrelle Pryor but well thought of, top 25 nationally. He played baseball for the Pirates for three seasons. He is old for a college football player, at 23 years old, and may desire playing time if he wants to move on the the next level, or even the rest of his life. Just sayin.
    Heh, Rivals had him a three star and #23 at his position, but Scout had him a two star and #55 at his position. That was a long time ago, I doubt he'd be sought after by a strong BCS conference team to be the heir to their current QB...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  14. #133
    Raaaaaaaandy guttle11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,118

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Bauserman would be a fool to transfer. One Pryor injury and he's the guy at Ohio State. And, unfortunately, Pryor is only one big hit in the open field away from getting hurt...
    But if they get Boyd, he'll be the #2 ahead of Bauserman. OSU is going to be mainly a spread offense for the forseeable future, and Joe Bauserman doesn't fit that role. If he wants to play really bad, he should look elsewhere.

    Getting Boyd would be really good for OSU. He could captain the ship between Pryor and Braxton Miller (counting on a sophomore in high school nevers goes wrong, does it?)...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

  15. #134
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,648

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Heh, Rivals had him a three star and #23 at his position, but Scout had him a two star and #55 at his position. That was a long time ago, I doubt he'd be sought after by a strong BCS conference team to be the heir to their current QB...
    Quarterback is one position where you can shine and be noticed a the next level even outside of the BCS system. At one point a couple years back, there was some ridiculous number (7, I think) of former MAC QBs who were starters in the NFL.

    The fact is, unless you're playing for USC, sitting the bench is NEVER preferable to playing if your goal is to eventually have a shot at the NFL. The bench at Ohio State is still the bench. It's where he's stuck, and where Pryor is never going to go barring injury.

    He should go someplace and play. I guarantee that if he attempted to transfer there would be some BCS interest in him, and much mid-major interest. He could be a star at the right Mountain-West or WAC program and might even lead a team to a BCS bowl in the process if he's got the goods.

    Really, what does he get by staying? The hope that if he waits patiently behind Pryor that he'll get his shot eventually? Tressel really gave that idea the finger when he benched his senior QB this year to play the hot shot freshman. Patience isn't always a virtue in college ball, especially for players.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 12-05-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

  16. #135
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

    For those who thought Boyd would end up a Buckeye, a shocker as he opted for Clemson.

    I thought it was between Ohio State and Oregon?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25