Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

Re: Brian Kelly, leading candidate for Tennessee job...

Why Tajh Boyd was even recruited by Tennessee to begin with, whether it be Lane Kiffin or Phil Fulmer, is beyond me. He is far from a fit in that offense.
    Really?

The QB of the 98 UT National Champions was the athletic Tee Martin, running a Pro set offense. Running a Pro-set/West Coast offense shouldn't always preclude option/zone read plays. In fact, two of the most dynamic West Coast offenses in recent NCAA memory were the 98 UCLA Bruins and the 04 Auburn Tigers, QB'd by the athletic Cade McNown and Jason Campbell, repsectively. In both cases, the OC was Alan Borges, whom Tommy Tuberville canned a year ago.

Say what wish about Charlie Weis, but at least he tried to recruit Terrelle Pryor.
    If Kiffin is going to turn away a talent like that, he has no business running a top-flight D1 program.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Someone tell Boyd that he's welcome at UC. Looks like he'll end up at OSU, though.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Someone tell Boyd that he's welcome at UC. Looks like he'll end up at OSU, though.
    If I were Boyd, I would seriously consider Michigan.

Instant playing time. If he goes to OSU, he is waiting two years until Pryor goes pro. Plus it would give people in West Virginia more reason to hate Rodriguez.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Instant playing time. If he goes to OSU, he is waiting two years until Pryor goes pro. Plus it would give people in West Virginia more reason to hate Rodriguez.
    Instant playing time, and instant losing

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Michigan has two high rated hand picked QB recruits already on the way. RichRod thinks they are perfect for him. Rumors are circulating, nothing concrete, that Joe Bauserman may be transferring out of Ohio State because he wants playing time. Boyd may come in and be #2 by default, there are no other QBs on scholarship at Ohio State. Pryor scared off Rob Schoenhoft, Antonio Henton, and maybe Bauserman.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Michigan has two high rated hand picked QB recruits already on the way. RichRod thinks they are perfect for him. Rumors are circulating, nothing concrete, that Joe Bauserman may be transferring out of Ohio State because he wants playing time. Boyd may come in and be #2 by default, there are no other QBs on scholarship at Ohio State. Pryor scared off Rob Schoenhoft, Antonio Henton, and maybe Bauserman.
    I think the two you mentioned at QB are Tate Forcier and Shavodrick Beaver. Beaver is more of a prototype Rodriguez player, while Forcier reminds me of Charlie Russell who committed to WVU.(Top QB recruit from Morgantown, just no way he would fit in).

Of course, if Pryor gets hurt, then Boyd would be the no 1 guy.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Bauserman would be a fool to transfer. One Pryor injury and he's the guy at Ohio State. And, unfortunately, Pryor is only one big hit in the open field away from getting hurt...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Bauserman would be a fool to transfer. One Pryor injury and he's the guy at Ohio State. And, unfortunately, Pryor is only one big hit in the open field away from getting hurt...
    On the other hand, if Pryor stays health, Bauserman could waste all of his eligibility riding the pine. If he's a competitor, he's going to want to be on the field playing and leading a team to a title, not holding the clipboard for a guy who has multiple years starting left in him.

Plus, if he has any desire at all to compete at the next level, he has to go someplace where he can showcase himself.

Transferring is a no-brainer, IMO, now that Pryor has established himself as "the man" at OSU going forward.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    On the other hand, if Pryor stays health, Bauserman could waste all of his eligibility riding the pine. If he's a competitor, he's going to want to be on the field playing and leading a team to a title, not holding the clipboard for a guy who has multiple years starting left in him.

Plus, if he has any desire at all to compete at the next level, he has to go someplace where he can showcase himself.

Transferring is a no-brainer, IMO, now that Pryor has established himself as "the man" at OSU going forward.
    A player of Bauserman's stature isn't likely going to transfer and take a team in BCS contention by storm. He's best off rolling the dice at tOSU IMO...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

A player of Bauserman's stature isn't likely going to transfer and take a team in BCS contention by storm. He's best off rolling the dice at tOSU IMO...
    Bauserman was a highly rated QB prospect coming out of high school. Not Terrelle Pryor but well thought of, top 25 nationally. He played baseball for the Pirates for three seasons. He is old for a college football player, at 23 years old, and may desire playing time if he wants to move on the the next level, or even the rest of his life. Just sayin.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Bauserman was a highly rated QB prospect coming out of high school. Not Terrelle Pryor but well thought of, top 25 nationally. He played baseball for the Pirates for three seasons. He is old for a college football player, at 23 years old, and may desire playing time if he wants to move on the the next level, or even the rest of his life. Just sayin.
    I wouldn't blame Joe if he left, but he should probably stay.

Heh, Rivals had him a three star and #23 at his position, but Scout had him a two star and #55 at his position. That was a long time ago, I doubt he'd be sought after by a strong BCS conference team to be the heir to their current QB...

But if they get Boyd, he'll be the #2 ahead of Bauserman. OSU is going to be mainly a spread offense for the forseeable future, and Joe Bauserman doesn't fit that role. If he wants to play really bad, he should look elsewhere.

Getting Boyd would be really good for OSU. He could captain the ship between Pryor and Braxton Miller (counting on a sophomore in high school nevers goes wrong, does it?)...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Heh, Rivals had him a three star and #23 at his position, but Scout had him a two star and #55 at his position. That was a long time ago, I doubt he'd be sought after by a strong BCS conference team to be the heir to their current QB...
    Quarterback is one position where you can shine and be noticed a the next level even outside of the BCS system. At one point a couple years back, there was some ridiculous number (7, I think) of former MAC QBs who were starters in the NFL.

The fact is, unless you're playing for USC, sitting the bench is NEVER preferable to playing if your goal is to eventually have a shot at the NFL. The bench at Ohio State is still the bench. It's where he's stuck, and where Pryor is never going to go barring injury.

He should go someplace and play. I guarantee that if he attempted to transfer there would be some BCS interest in him, and much mid-major interest. He could be a star at the right Mountain-West or WAC program and might even lead a team to a BCS bowl in the process if he's got the goods.

Really, what does he get by staying? The hope that if he waits patiently behind Pryor that he'll get his shot eventually? Tressel really gave that idea the finger when he benched his senior QB this year to play the hot shot freshman. Patience isn't always a virtue in college ball, especially for players.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 12-05-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

For those who thought Boyd would end up a Buckeye, a shocker as he opted for Clemson.

I thought it was between Ohio State and Oregon?

Turn Off Ads?