Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chad Johnson deactivated vs Steelers

Re: Chad Johnson deactivated vs Steelers

How does an adult oversleep for a meeting at 8:30 PM?
    Something ain't right here.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

The report from Johansen came from Chad about what happened. The Bengals aren't talking, but, as noted by another poster, there are reports that it was more than being late...

When Rudi was late for a meeting, he simply wasn't allowed to start.
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-20-2008 at 01:27 PM.

I'm not one for conspiracies, but it does seem odd that he was ok with what happened. I'm sure he was late for the meeting. He was probably upset when confronted about it and got into an argument, hence the not playing instead of not starting. That is just my guess.

Another possibility that I've thought of is that this is mostly for show. Maybe since the season is lost anyway and Chad was late Marvin decided it would be a good time to "show" everybody he doesn't play favorites. Not to mention he also has a knee injury that is bugging him. Not the players, but the fans and outside observers. Maybe that was explained to Chad, and that is why he is "OK" with it. Not to mention he also has a knee injury that is bugging him. Not likely, but I wouldn't run anything past this franchise.
    Last edited by SeeinRed; 11-20-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Just one less player for Hines Ward to put on the IR.

I think the Bengals should 'deactiveate' the entire team including, but most importantly, Mike Brown. Give the franchise back to the NFL with the one condition being that they field a team in Cincinnati for the length of time that remains on the PBS lease. Put the franchise up for bid to another owner---Mikey gets half of the price, the City of Cincinnati gets the other half for the 'pain and suffering' it's been through under Mike Brown.

The league holds a dispersal draft with the Bengals able to retain the rights to up to 12 players from this year's team (I'm not sure there are 12 guys they'd actually want to keep). The Bengals basicly start over as an 'expansion' team and are instantly better than what they are now. :

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The field is going to be a mess tonight too. They are expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow in Pittsburgh tonight and we all know how bad that field gets.
    Issued by The National Weather Service
    Pittsburgh, PA
    10:17 am EST, Thu., Nov. 20, 2008
    ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST FRIDAY...
    A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST FRIDAY.
    SNOW ACCUMULATION OF UP TO 6 INCHES IS POSSIBLE FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY AS A COLD NORTHWEST FLOW DEVELOPS ACROSS THE LAKES IN THE WAKE OF A STRONG COLD FRONT.
    A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The field is going to be a mess tonight too. They are expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow in Pittsburgh tonight and we all know how bad that field gets.
    The field was getting pretty messed up last sunday when they played the Chargers.
    Now it will probably be just as bad to start the game and will be total crap by the end of the game.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Here's more.

CONFLICTING INFO ON CHAD DEACTIVATION
    Posted by Mike Florio on November 20, 2008, 4:03 p.m. EST

Earlier in the day, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reported that Bengals receiver Chad Johnson’s deactivation for Thursday night’s game against the Steelers arose due to some type of altercation that occurred on Wednesday night.

Later, Bengals radio announcer Brad Johansen reported that Johnson had overslept and missed a team meeting.

Now, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the incident resulted not from oversleeping, but from Johnson leaving a team meeting.

Per Glazer, Johnson showed up at the meeting, but was “extremely groggy.” When Johnson was slumped in his chair, offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski told Johnson to sit up straight.

Johnson refused. So Bratkowski repeated the instruction.

And Johnson instead stood up straight — and left.

Coach Marvin Lewis shouted at Johnson to return, but Johnson ignored him. Lewis chased him down and the two exchanged “several heated words.” Eventually, Marvin gave Chad the boot.

It’s unknown whether further discipline will be imposed. Under the CBA, the maximum possible discipline is a four-game suspension, without pay.

His attitude started going down hill once he hired that (fill in the blank) agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Chad is an immature punk... those events sound totally reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Chad is an immature punk... those events sound totally reasonable to me.
    Tell us how you really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Tell us how you really feel.

I'm just so sick of the Bungles... like every other Bengals fan, I'm sure. I'm just sick of it all. I have no patience for the Bengals anymore. About anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I'm just so sick of the Bungles... like every other Bengals fan, I'm sure. I'm just sick of it all. I have no patience for the Bengals anymore. About anything.
    I understand. A good friend of mine is a Raider fan. He says the same thing. He's fed up with Al.

Can we deactivate Brat for not being able to control his own meeting? Because that would give the team a better chance to win than sitting a whiny Chad.

I doubt Chad would use a third down play to set up 4th down, IN A TIE FREAKING GAME.

Sorry.

I am not going to fault Brat today. Although bringing in Perry on the third and short run was baffling...I am not going to blame Brat tonight because Fitzpatrick has been awful.

He is missing throws all over the place.

Turn Off Ads?