Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I Still like Sam LeCure

I Still like Sam LeCure

I still believe that Sam LeCure has outstanding stuff.

I hope he can stay healthy and gain a little better comand of his breaking pitches.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I Still like Sam LeCure

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I still believe that Sam LeCure has outstanding stuff.

I hope he can stay healthy and gain a little better command of his breaking pitches.
    I am with you this guy can make it and I will cheer his progression every step of the way to MLB
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

As I said in the 40 man roster thread, we're pulling for him because he's from my wife's hometown (Jeff City, MO) and her alma mater (Helias) and would be first ML player from her high school (one other prospect from the 1980's, a friend of my brother in law) was drafted out of Mizzou by the A's, but blew his arm out in Single A after a very promising Rookie league season). So we're waiting for Lecure to make it and my wife said she'd sing the alma mater to him.

Of course, this is my wife who sent our kids diving under seats when she hollered at Tom Henke at Cinergy, "Hey Tom, we're related!" to get his attention. She's his second cousin, related through the same family that makes her and him distant relatives to NFL (and former Bengal) kicker Neil Rackers (both my wife and Henke's grandmothers were Rackers).
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

This thread title sounds like something that would be scrawled on a wall or a desk somewhere in grade school.

Interesting player to bring up though. I had almost forgotten about him.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Lecure had a real good year in 2008. In June he was tremendous at AA and had a near perfect game in August. I'm glad the Reds protected him, I think he could be a valuable pitcher in the future or a good trade chip.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    This thread title sounds like something that would be scrawled on a wall or a desk somewhere in grade school.

Whoa!

Turn Off Ads?