Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Friday 2008

Re: Black Friday 2008

This is the first year in quite a while that I didn't join the crazies in the early morning hours. The "deals" I saw advertised just weren't that good. I've been able to pick up better deals just by shopping clearance sections on the weekends.

Of course, that didn't stop my sister from calling me at 5:00 AM to ask about Blu-Ray movies. Ugh.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm sitting at home, drinking wine with my mom/dad and mother in law. My furnace just gave up, but luckily we put the money aside this summer to pay for it. So that's my Black Friday- talking contractors into selling me a 92% AFUE, two stage, variable speed motor furnace with humidifier for $500 less than they want to.

It's going pretty well so far. Having a red wine buzz makes me loquacious enough that they just want to cut a deal to get off the phone with me.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Spent Thanksgiving night at a hotel near the mall at Easton.

(Not enough room at the folks' house with all of my siblings & spouses in town, so we graciously excuesd ourselves from the mayhem for our final night in Ohio.)

After checking out of the hotel, we strolled through the mall area around 10am. There weren't many people when stores were opening at 10am. By 11, things seemed to be picking up a little.

We bought a couple of small things for my mother-in-law at Williams Sonoma. And that was it. We've already done probably 75%-80% of our shopping online.

The only other item of note is that at another store in Easton, a bunch of kitchen timers on a display went off around 10:20 am.

I plead the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Plus, I get to go through Christmas lights and make sure bulbs work.
    In order to complete that job you needed to start in July.

Thank God we've moved past the Christmas lights all over the house stage a few years back.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Wal-Mart worker dies in shoppers' stampede

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-n...,6262818.story

At 5:03 a.m. Friday, customers surged toward a Long Island Wal-Mart store's entrance.

A 34-year-old temporary employee was killed when a "throng of shoppers . . . physically broke down the doors, knocking him to the ground," according to a statement from Nassau County officials.

He was declared dead at a hospital at 6:03 a.m. The exact cause of death has not been determined.

The surge at the Valley Stream store on Long Island also left three shoppers with minor injuries, and a pregnant 28-year-old woman was taken to a hospital, according to Nassau County officials.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?