Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 574

Thread: Xavier Basketball

  1. #316
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    What a great ride. This team has completely salvaged a lost season and made watching Xavier basketball fun again. Can't wait until 1 tomorrow; I never thought I'd be so excited about a game with St. Bonaventure!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #317
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Mark Schmidt will feel the wrath of his former employer.

  4. #318
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Mark Schmidt will feel the wrath of his former employer.
    Eventually.

  5. #319
    Member Spazzrico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    387

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Ummmmm! F*** Yeah!

  6. #320
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,814

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    So when does X petition to join the Big East?

  7. #321
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    What a great start to my weekend!

  8. #322
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 513
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Xavier continues it's impressive streak of S16 appearances. Tough draw in Baylor, though. If they win this game, color me extremely impressed. They certainly have the backcourt talent to win, but Baylor is a long and athletic squad that can beat you a number of different ways.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

  9. #323
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Xavier continues it's impressive streak of S16 appearances. Tough draw in Baylor, though. If they win this game, color me extremely impressed. They certainly have the backcourt talent to win, but Baylor is a long and athletic squad that can beat you a number of different ways.
    When all else fails they can blind you with their uniforms.

  10. #324
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    We'll be rooting for X vs Baylor, I'm sure you'll give Kentucky the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #325
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    We'll be rooting for X vs Baylor, I'm sure you'll give Kentucky the same treatment.
    How much is it worth to you?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  12. #326
    Member ervinsm84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    So if anyone here has inside info I'd love to know. I have a really hard time buying that XU forced its best player, Lyons out of the program, effectively kicking him off the team. I've skimmed Xavier message boards but the noise there right now is pretty high for obv reasons, but its really hard for me to buy that he was a "cancer" or "divided the locker room" or other stuff I read there. As a fan of a rival team, I always thought he played extremely hard, sure he talked a bit too much but it's not that big of a deal, and overall seemed like a guy you'd love to have on your team. Isn't it more likely that all the guys he came into the Xavier with were leaving and he didn't think he could get to a F4 so why not transfer to a place like Arizona that should be loaded this year?
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 04-23-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    Newsflash!

    Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

    NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

  13. #327
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    742

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    So if anyone here has inside info I'd love to know. I have a really hard time buying that XU forced its best player, Lyons out of the program, effectively kicking him off the team. I've skimmed Xavier message boards but the noise there right now is pretty high for obv reasons, but its really hard for me to buy that he was a "cancer" or "divided the locker room" or other stuff I read there. As a fan of a rival team, I always thought he played extremely hard, sure he talked a bit too much but it's not that big of a deal, and overall seemed like a guy you'd love to have on your team. Isn't it more likely that all the guys he came into the Xavier with were leaving and he didn't think he could get to a F4 so why not transfer to a place like Arizona that should be loaded this year?
    This doesnt shed much light onto the situation.



    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-senior-season
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. #328
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This doesnt shed much light onto the situation.
    But this does:

    “After our end of the season meeting with Mark it became apparent that a change for both parties was the right thing moving forward,” said Coach Chris Mack. “During our meeting expectations were outlined for his fifth and final season, areas in which I believe needed improvement. Mark did not recognize these expectations as being important and ultimately it was decided that a change of scenery would be in his best interest. I wish Mark well.”

  15. #329
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Bad news for the basketball program on Victory Parkway today. Not going to be a fun year. Last losing season was '95-'96. May not be able to say that anymore in six months...

  16. #330
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,448

    Re: Xavier Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bad news for the basketball program on Victory Parkway today. Not going to be a fun year. Last losing season was '95-'96. May not be able to say that anymore in six months...
    Rough news for sure. Though there may be some good news on the recruiting front to soften the blow.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25