Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

What a great ride. This team has completely salvaged a lost season and made watching Xavier basketball fun again. Can't wait until 1 tomorrow; I never thought I'd be so excited about a game with St. Bonaventure!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mark Schmidt will feel the wrath of his former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Mark Schmidt will feel the wrath of his former employer.
    Eventually.

Ummmmm! F*** Yeah!

So when does X petition to join the Big East?

What a great start to my weekend!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Xavier continues it's impressive streak of S16 appearances. Tough draw in Baylor, though. If they win this game, color me extremely impressed. They certainly have the backcourt talent to win, but Baylor is a long and athletic squad that can beat you a number of different ways.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Xavier continues it's impressive streak of S16 appearances. Tough draw in Baylor, though. If they win this game, color me extremely impressed. They certainly have the backcourt talent to win, but Baylor is a long and athletic squad that can beat you a number of different ways.
    When all else fails they can blind you with their uniforms.

We'll be rooting for X vs Baylor, I'm sure you'll give Kentucky the same treatment.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    We'll be rooting for X vs Baylor, I'm sure you'll give Kentucky the same treatment.
    How much is it worth to you?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

So if anyone here has inside info I'd love to know. I have a really hard time buying that XU forced its best player, Lyons out of the program, effectively kicking him off the team. I've skimmed Xavier message boards but the noise there right now is pretty high for obv reasons, but its really hard for me to buy that he was a "cancer" or "divided the locker room" or other stuff I read there. As a fan of a rival team, I always thought he played extremely hard, sure he talked a bit too much but it's not that big of a deal, and overall seemed like a guy you'd love to have on your team. Isn't it more likely that all the guys he came into the Xavier with were leaving and he didn't think he could get to a F4 so why not transfer to a place like Arizona that should be loaded this year?
    Last edited by ervinsm84; 04-23-2012 at 02:42 AM.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    So if anyone here has inside info I'd love to know. I have a really hard time buying that XU forced its best player, Lyons out of the program, effectively kicking him off the team. I've skimmed Xavier message boards but the noise there right now is pretty high for obv reasons, but its really hard for me to buy that he was a "cancer" or "divided the locker room" or other stuff I read there. As a fan of a rival team, I always thought he played extremely hard, sure he talked a bit too much but it's not that big of a deal, and overall seemed like a guy you'd love to have on your team. Isn't it more likely that all the guys he came into the Xavier with were leaving and he didn't think he could get to a F4 so why not transfer to a place like Arizona that should be loaded this year?
    This doesnt shed much light onto the situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-senior-season

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This doesnt shed much light onto the situation.
    But this does:

“After our end of the season meeting with Mark it became apparent that a change for both parties was the right thing moving forward,” said Coach Chris Mack. “During our meeting expectations were outlined for his fifth and final season, areas in which I believe needed improvement. Mark did not recognize these expectations as being important and ultimately it was decided that a change of scenery would be in his best interest. I wish Mark well.”

Bad news for the basketball program on Victory Parkway today. Not going to be a fun year. Last losing season was '95-'96. May not be able to say that anymore in six months...

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Bad news for the basketball program on Victory Parkway today. Not going to be a fun year. Last losing season was '95-'96. May not be able to say that anymore in six months...
    Rough news for sure. Though there may be some good news on the recruiting front to soften the blow.

Turn Off Ads?