Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The St. Joe's loss doesn't bother me too much. It's Charlotte that stings.
    I suppose. It's just that a decent team doesn't lose either of those games. I keep letting this team make me forget they're not a decent team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ugly way to not close out that game. Not much you can do when a team is at home, shooting well, and has their backs against the wall. Of course, except, make your own darn shots.

Teams aren't going to let Redford free until Martin or Davis can be 80% of the threat Redford is. There's not another player that can hurt you if after Semaj and Taylor.

I think the three point shot is important for Davis, he's got a good one. Same with Martin, although his shot has completely dried up. He needs some home town cookin I guess.

This team is putting pieces together slowly, but it needs to come together faster now down the stretch. The inside game is good enough to keep pace with the A10, the outside game is not. Davis and Martin need to average 9-10 a game and they are not doing that.

It can be hard to take shots away from Taylor and Semaj, but many of their shots become double and triple teamed, and that's where the 4 point leads never become 8 point leads and then end up losing the momentum.

Two points of regret are that Robinson and Philmore were never able to get comfortable shooting from the perimeter, as that shot is there 5-6 times a game and makes a team very difficult.

1/10/81 - Never forget!

I sure hope that date still has meaning after tonight.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

This photo made my day today:
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

That photo is my Facebook status right now. I have quite a few UD friends and not one of them has commented.

Man, if UD can't win that game against this Xavier team in Cincinnati, it might just never happen for them. Honestly, it was just comical at the end with the back to back missed front ends of the 1 and 1 that Dayton couldn't rebound and the 3 that went down and back out. It's just not meant to ever happen, I suppose.

I'm quite pleased by that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Man, if UD can't win that game against this Xavier team in Cincinnati, it might just never happen for them. Honestly, it was just comical at the end with the back to back missed front ends of the 1 and 1 that Dayton couldn't rebound and the 3 that went down and back out. It's just not meant to ever happen, I suppose.

I'm quite pleased by that fact.
    As a Flyer fan, I agree with everything you said. I went back and forth from laughing to throwing any item I could get my hand on while watching that fiasco in the last minute.

I don't think there was all that much difference between the talent level on the floor last night, it was just simply a case of xavier being better coached and obviously wanting it more. Probably the most disappointed I've been after a Flyer loss since the JOB days in the 90's. I think I'll drink heavily again tonight.

Well, February has been just ok. I'm feeling good at 8-4 in conference with the opportunity to still get a bye with some home wins. Really great stretch of home games, too bad the students are on break! Ugh! VCU, Memphis, Umass, St. Louis. Then to Butler. I am hoping to attend at least 2, maybe 4 of those games.

X needs that first round bye because winning the A-10 in Brooklyn is the only realistic path to the NCAA Tournament. Winning these big games could at least allow an outside shot at getting an at-large after an A-10 Tourney run, though it would still be pretty unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    X needs that first round bye because winning the A-10 in Brooklyn is the only realistic path to the NCAA Tournament. Winning these big games could at least allow an outside shot at getting an at-large after an A-10 Tourney run, though it would still be pretty unlikely.
    That seems true, although a clean sweep with 2 wins in Brooklyn might get them in. MIGHT. But I agree, just get the bye and come to win Brooklyn.

Are you guys kidding? If Xavier wins out, they're a lead pipe lock. They'd be A-10 overall champs and #1 Tournament seeds, and that would be 4 wins over top 25(ish) teams in the last 5 games.

Now, it's not going to happen, but if it did the Muskies would be golden.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Was at Cintas for yesterday's game -- it's been a while since they've been rocking and rolling for a non-rivalry game there like this. Crowd was loud and into the game big-time. It was really nice to see from the (usually) reserved X crowd.

The team just doesn't have the horses to run with a squad like VCU -- especially when Dee Davis (who was having a career-game before getting hurt) went out. You could tell Semaj and Brad were dead on their feet by the end of the game having to cover so many minutes at the tempo that game was being played at.

Still, they hung in and made a great showing for themselves, IMO. You could tell Mack was happy with the effort and hustle, even in a losing effort, based on his post-game comments with Byron and Joe.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If the Muskies don't find a miracle that gets them into the Big Dance, us Xavier fans can always start fantasizing about life in the Big East that apparently will start next season.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ording-sources

Turn Off Ads?