Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Xavier Basketball

I love that, for at least next year, it's going to be a true round-robin scheduling format for the 18 league games. It means we're guaranteed to get Georgetown, Marquette, and 'Nova in for home games. Should be rocking at Cintas!
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I love that, for at least next year, it's going to be a true round-robin scheduling format for the 18 league games. It means we're guaranteed to get Georgetown, Marquette, and 'Nova in for home games. Should be rocking at Cintas!
    I know not everyone agrees with me, but I'd love to stay at ten teams. Twelve would be ok but I wouldn't want to grow much beyond that.

Congrats on the move to the Big East. It'll be good for the conference and X.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

5. Likes:

mdccclxix (03-20-2013)

I can't wait to see these teams enter the Cintas and leave in a daze.

I hope this is the beginning of a decades long relationship with this core of teams. Also that it's one that flourishes for all the teams involved. To that end, I believe 12 teams is the best fit for this conference in order to obtain an extra NCAA bid per year. It will be tough to get 6 NCAA bids from a 10 team league. Even 4 or 5 will be hard sometimes. I can't ever see it going below 3 though.

One of the nice things is that some years going 14-4 in conference may not exclude a team from being top 5 or 10 in the country. I think in the A10 that was almost centainly never going to be the case. With this move, I think the likelihood that X gets into the top 5 for the first time is increased a lot.

X still has a lot of milestones to reach. Top 5 ranking, #1 ranking, 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA, Final Four, Championship game, winning it all...

Keeping perspective on where things have come from since the early 80's is quite something. Just a few years ago, they had 1 sweet 16 and a bunch of first and second round exits. The last 9 years have been an immense success, and yet, again, there is still so much more to do.

It's going to be a blast. Can not wait.

This AD pick seems like a real dud.

BG is like the bottom of bottom feeders in D1 athletics (their last tourney appearance in hoops was pre-Armstrong on the Moon). I find it hard to believe X couldn't do better than this guy.

Who knows? Certainly not a sexy hire, but there has to be some reason they wanted him. Right? Right?

Big East is now officially official!

Happy Big East Day! I'll be wearing my X hat to the park tonight along with my Reds gear.

Huge day for X. Can't wait until the season starts up this fall.

Great win for Mack's team last night. Tennessee was #27 in both polls going into the game and had been picked #3 in the SEC behind FLA and UK.

I'm loving how deep this squad is -- they're getting quality minutes out bench guys and they still have yet to get Dee Davis back from his concussion.

This team has some actual shooters and a real big man. They will be really deadly if they become even mediocre from the stripe. Missed foul shots almost bit them last night.

I was at the game and still feel good about what I saw, although I wonder how tough it was for a Tennessee team to come to Cintas in game 1 of the year. I was surprised how soft their bigs were, we had our way inside.

I love Myles Davis, he's ready to step in and just stroke it from 3 - minus the dribble dribble pass oh crap get rid of the ball Redford effect.

Just a lot of depth it seems at all positions. I think my new favorite is James Farr. He's got a chip on his shoulder, isn't all that athletic, but he's a ball player and does a lot of different things well. I especially like his soft touch around the basket and out to the arc.

Also, while it feels like Dee Davis can do a lot more, and I believe he can, Brandon Randolph seems to just understand his role so well. So mature. I have him pegged as one of the Xavier greats by the time it's all done, we'll see.

Lastly, Semaj was Semaj, just freaking awesome, although I thought he had his dancing shoes on for all the scouts that were at the game. I've seen others like Holloway and Crawford go through these games and their just a bit elevated good or bad due to the pressure of knowing NBA scouts are there in the heavy.

How 'bout this recruiting class? I knew it was going to be pretty good, but I had no idea that it would be ranked this high. Things are looking nice for years to come at XU. Very, very exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzrico View Post
    How 'bout this recruiting class? I knew it was going to be pretty good, but I had no idea that it would be ranked this high. Things are looking nice for years to come at XU. Very, very exciting!
    An incredible class. Even better, I think the eligibility issues are minimal.

Turn Off Ads?