Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

I don't really follow Xavier BB that closely, so to those of you who do, did those two cramping injuries determine the game last night? Does X have a chance if those guys don't go down?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't really follow Xavier BB that closely, so to those of you who do, did those two cramping injuries determine the game last night? Does X have a chance if those guys don't go down?
    No. I mean, I guess they have a chance, but UC is just flat better this year.

Aren't you a UT guy? I'm going to Knoxville for the X-UT game in about a week while I'm in the area for the holidays. Looking forward to it. UT is just offensively challenged enough that Xavier might have a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No. I mean, I guess they have a chance, but UC is just flat better this year.

Aren't you a UT guy? I'm going to Knoxville for the X-UT game in about a week while I'm in the area for the holidays. Looking forward to it. UT is just offensively challenged enough that Xavier might have a shot!
    You bet I'm a UT guy although I've never been to their "new" basketball arena. I make it back for football games but BB is just a way to make it 'till Spring football...

It's a great college atmosphere. Like a lot of cities, the downtown is dead but campus is hoppin'. Enjoy your visit!

I love the Sandy Hook uniforms today. The XU logo on the scoreboard has also been changed to the Sandy Hook logo.

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-bas...122212aac.html

Jeff Robinson is, what do we call it? A frickin moron.

I'm just going on gut feel from what I read in the paper, but it seems that XU got rid of all the bad actors from last year and are starting over.

They have a pretty decent team this year, but nowhere near the top 25 teams they've had in years past. But that's OK with me. I think they kinda lost their identity (and soul) last year and are trying to get it back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I was at the Wofford game and thought the crowd was awful. Just plain apathetic throughout. Of course, that changed a little (little) when the lead was gone and they realized this could be a loss. There is some serious fatigue or rotten apathy in the XU crowd. I found it totally pathetic and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I was at the Wofford game and thought the crowd was awful. Just plain apathetic throughout. Of course, that changed a little (little) when the lead was gone and they realized this could be a loss. There is some serious fatigue or rotten apathy in the XU crowd. I found it totally pathetic and embarrassing.
    I agree. There is an attitude of entitlement that I recognize from my time at Marshall, a time that lined up with the end of the Herd's 1990s run. I don't like it at all.

Jeff Robinson still hasn't seen the floor four minutes into the second half. Think Coach Mack might be driving home a point?

It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooooong season.

Yes indeed. Ah well, I still love my Muskies. Like Mack, I don't think you can question effort so far. I do hope he's tearing into some of the guys for repeat mistakes. I loved the Robinson benching though. I have to say, I regret Jalen Reynolds not getting time this year, he could be helping on the boards and defensively as a shot blocker. I also like Farr, and hope he gets significant minutes in the A10. I hope he sees his window here and opens it way up, although he did not do anything vs UT. The bright side is that this decently tough schedule will help them be ready for conference play. Gotta beat Wake though, it's a long layoff after that until Temple.

Time to regroup and win a lot of games in the A-10. X needs to win all but 3 or 4 and sweep Butler to even climb back into NCAA consideration. RPI sits at 89 this morning even after the disastrous start, so the Muskies have time to pretty up that tournament resume. But they have to absolutely set the world on fire and at least make it to the A-10 Final to have a chance imo.

It's a a10 tourney championship or nothing type of year, IMO. Unless that peeling after the game that Mack gave the team kick starts them.

It's a confounding thing. They have a lot of talent that isn't performing consistently at all. I guess Martin's concussion set his clock back to 2011? He is THE main scoring option game to game, if I'm Mack. I know Taylor has improved, and he's 1a, but from the outside, they need Martin to develop as a multi-threat.

Also, just don't play Robinson. Just don't do it.

Dee Davis -35 min
    Semaj - 35 min
    Martin - 35 min
    Philmore - 30 min
    Taylor - 30 min

Those are your 5 best players.
    Stenger and Robinson can split 15 minutes
    Give Farr 10 minutes at the 4
    Redford is pretty useless out there, he needs to find his shot himself a lot more. He's a rhythm shooter and responds to being told to "just score". Although there's little denying he's way overmatched very often. Some experience could help.

In all, there are some really confused players out there. That's because most of them have never played this much. The ones who look best are Taylor, Philmore, Dee and Semaj because their mindset is used to playing a lot of minutes.

5-11 in the A-10 is my prediction. Plus a loss to Memphis. So I'm guessing 12-18.

Turn Off Ads?