Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

I hope X's trainer has new eyeballs for their guys after that hose job they just got. That was amazing. I can't imagine there is anyway possible those officials could actually justify that decision.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I just heard something happened and Xavier players were about to get into a fight. Time to watch ESPNews and hope to see some highlights.

anyone want to fill me in on what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I just heard something happened and Xavier players were about to get into a fight. Time to watch ESPNews and hope to see some highlights. anyone want to fill me in on what happened?
    They got hosed by a bad clock operator and/or bad officials. I did not have a stopwatch out to see how much time should be left but neither did the refs.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

That was just unbelievable. I have no idea how the refs came to the conclusion they did. Even worse were the jump ball call (clearly a reach) and the "deflection" that negated a backcourt violation on Butler's last possession. X needs to protest this game.

Official's statement.

STATEMENT FROM TODAY'S GAME OFFICIALS

The game clock erroneously stopped at 14.7 seconds. When we put the stopwatch to see how long the clock had erroneously stopped, 1.3 seconds had elapsed.

The shot by the Butler player was released at 1.8 seconds. The ball went through the net at 1.2 seconds and the clock stopped correctly.

Because we lost 1.3 seconds, that time is deducted from the remaining 1.2 seconds, officially ending the game.
    http://xltweet.com/show/?id=53505A5452

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

Now I want to see the explanation for the rest of their terrible calls.

As much as it is dumb I guess they got it right. Of course its flat out stupid to assume that a human can run a stop watch perfectly and it perfectly ended with 1.3.

Sounds like its easier to tell a team their shot counted than pull it back and say no time was left especially when their is time still on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Now I want to see the explanation for the rest of their terrible calls.
    Oh, I totally agree. I though it was a horribly officiated game, but that seems par for the course anymore.

On the call at the end though, I thought they got it as correct as they could have, given the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    They got hosed by a bad clock operator and/or bad officials. I did not have a stopwatch out to see how much time should be left but neither did the refs.
    The refs did use a stopwatch to determine how much time elapsed. If I were an X fan I wouldn't be pissed about the time situation at the end, I thought they made the right call. I would be pissed about the jump ball call, which I thought was the wrong call.

I understand the frustration, but if the officials left the time as it was Xavier would have had to go the length of the court and score in 1.2 seconds. It would have just been a 3/4 court desperation shot.

That was just unbelievable. I have no idea how the refs came to the conclusion they did. Even worse were the jump ball call (clearly a reach) and the "deflection" that negated a backcourt violation on Butler's last possession. X needs to protest this game.
    The jump ball call was bad. To not call backcourt was a good non-call IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    The jump ball call was bad. To not call backcourt was a good non-call IMO.
    I don't think so. Jackson deflected the ball, but a Butler player clearly got a touch before it crossed the halfway line. If anything, that no-call was less defensible than the jump ball because the refs got it objectively wrong.

I was at the game and that ref was looking for any excuse to give a jump ball there. Absolutely shocking Hollywood call.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    I don't think so. Jackson deflected the ball, but a Butler player clearly got a touch before it crossed the halfway line. If anything, that no-call was less defensible than the jump ball because the refs got it objectively wrong.

I was at the game and that ref was looking for any excuse to give a jump ball there. Absolutely shocking Hollywood call.
    You may be right on the back court. It was a tough call to make the way it happened though.

Glad to see X back on the winning track. Man, Miami is pesky. I have a ton of respect for Charlie Coles. I had the chance to meet him when I was attending Marshall and he is just as impressive in person.

I'm looking forward to the Wake Forest game. Emotions will be running high and the two teams are pretty evenly matched. It is a huge game for the Muskies' March resume.

Retired

Glad to see X back on the winning track. Man, Miami is pesky. I have a ton of respect for Charlie Coles. I had the chance to meet him when I was attending Marshall and he is just as impressive in person.

I'm looking forward to the Wake Forest game. Emotions will be running high and the two teams are pretty evenly matched. It is a huge game for the Muskies' March resume.
    Miami is better than their record shows this year. Got to watch them a few times, they played UC and UK very tough.

20 or more wins in 14 of the last 15 seasons for Xavier now. The train keeps on rolling with Chris Mack. They also have a great shot to win at least a share of their fourth straight regular season A-10 championship.

Turn Off Ads?