Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

UC fan here (with deep ties to XU as well)- Gates should be gone. Just Gone.
    As for Holloway, the guy may have been suspended for the crazy stuff he said afterward. Why they let him talk is beyond me; there's no way he could have come down by that time.

Still trying to decipher the difference between a gangster and a thug.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    UC fan here (with deep ties to XU as well)- Gates should be gone. Just Gone.
    As for Holloway, the guy may have been suspended for the crazy stuff he said afterward. Why they let him talk is beyond me; there's no way he could have come down by that time.

It was just stupid on Tu's part. And Mark's.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    All I can say is that there is a difference. As someone who works with inner city kids and has for many years I have to say it is a "know it when you see it" sort of situation. Tu and Mark didn't mean what a lot of people think they meant. But they need to learn that the world they are living in is different than the one they grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    All I can say is that there is a difference. As someone who works with inner city kids and has for many years I have to say it is a "know it when you see it" sort of situation. Tu and Mark didn't mean what a lot of people think they meant. But they need to learn that the world they are living in is different than the one they grew up in.
    Agreed completely. And I think that's a huge problem in college sports.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Nice loss to ORU. You can lay that one completely at the feet of your senior point guard. You know, the one who is cut from a different cloth. Haters will hate.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Nice loss to ORU. You can lay that one completely at the feet of your senior point guard. You know, the one who is cut from a different cloth. Haters will hate.
    Meh, such is life. X is gonna be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    ORU has more wins than UC's last two opponents combined. And their losses are to some pretty darn solid teams. This would have been a tough one regardless as ORU is a quality team that will finish the year with a very good RPI showing. Now that said X played with the same enthusiasm as a rock today.

Glad to hear of Mack talking to the XU crowd before the game and this...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2...making-amends/

From a Cincinnati basketball fan who is non-partisan in the whole UC/XU thing (I'm originally from Dayton and care more about UD), I certainly hope XU gets their Duke-like reputation back. Like I've mentioned before, I've always thought highly of Xavier and their program and that impression took a severe blow with this fight. At least in my mind.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The last few weeks have been fun. Really looking forward to tomorrow. Archie, meet the program your big brother helped build.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Meh. I know its a home loss, and most people just think lolbillikens bc they havent been that good in years past, but this St louis team is a lot better than most people realize. They are in the top 15 of the kenpom rankings which while not perfect, is one of the more accurate ranking systems out there.

I didnt get to see the game though, so i guess its possible x looked worse than the final score.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

I want to believe this team will be OK, but it is getting harder. Just when they look to have turned the corner they put in a performance like last night's first half. They are still in a good position to play their way into the NCAA Tournament, but another one and done is looking ever more likely. St. Louis is the type of team X will face in March and showed last night what happens if you start slow in a game (see also: Marquette, March 2011).

It's been a pretty awful year, but at least this team didn't give up the Dayton streak.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's been a pretty awful year, but at least this team didn't give up the Dayton streak.
    Yea, you must be so proud of your guys. What a nice team you root for.

I'd rather root for the Flyers and lose than root for your gangster body-bag thugs and win.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 02-19-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Yes, I'm quite proud of Xavier. Even when they're not particularly good, like this year.

Sorry about Jimmy Carter. Must suck.

Turn Off Ads?