Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    That's a fitting way for Dayton's season to end (NIT doesn't count). Just a complete collapse.

Crawford vs. Anderson (assuming they continue to beat on UMass) should be a great show tomorrow.
    Brian Gregory is the gift that keeps on giving. Luckily for us X fans he's locked up until 2018!

The match-up tomorrow should be a blast. It is the national game on CBS College Sports at 3:30 so we won't have to do the usual alternate channel dance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is one of my absolute favorite Xavier seasons ever. Not the best team, maybe, but they took the punishment at the beginning of the season and never lost their focus.

Today was a microcosm: shooting 19% from the field in the first half, Minny sending back half our shots, Love 0-7 from the field. And they come out in the second half and just gut it out, possession by possession. Crawford was immense. If he comes back this is a Final Four contender next year.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    This is one of my absolute favorite Xavier seasons ever. Not the best team, maybe, but they took the punishment at the beginning of the season and never lost their focus.
    I concur. This team is a joy to watch.

There are only two teams in the country who have been to the Sweet Sixteen every year from 2008-2010 and Xavier is one of them. Go X!

The Revenge Tour heads to the Great Salt Lake. GO X!

Well done lads. Impressive showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Xavier's women were just a whisker away from the Final Four. A missed front end of the one and one by an 83% foul shooter and two missed layups keep them out.

Xavier's women were just a whisker away from the Final Four. A missed front end of the one and one by an 83% foul shooter and two missed layups keep them out.
    That was just gut-wrenching. I thought the men lost in painful fashion, but this game was hard to watch. It was right there for the taking and the women didn't get it done. A great season but a painful ending to a game that we had won.

Our guys may not be very good this year, but Jimmy Carter lives!

Our guys may not be very good this year, but Jimmy Carter lives!
    X may not be very good, but I think they may still be the class of the league. Temple took it on the chin tonight and we're 3-0. I'll always take a win against Dayton but this one felt particularly sweet. The team intensity has been different since the Shootout and I hope it continues.

I think the biggest difference between these two teams the past few seasons is that xavier has had that player that can put a game on his shoulder and carry the team. Tu did just that last night. As a Flyer fan, I had hoped 4 years ago that Chris Wright would become that player for UD, but that hasn't happened. He's a great player, but simply cannot take over a game when the team needs it. Having said that, I really feel that Staten will become that player.

Congrats to xavier for a hard fought win. Here's hoping for another 25 point Flyer victory in Dayton.

Nice win tonight in Olean. X just took control after a horrendous first half. Holloway is a special player.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Nice win tonight in Olean. X just took control after a horrendous first half. Holloway is a special player.
    Boy, has this Xavier team come a long way since Day 1. They are still a very average team, but they have improved greatly and a lot of credit needs to go to Coach Mack and his staff. I still think they need to play near-flawlessly through the rest of the schedule to make the tournament but I've been very impressed with their improvement.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Well, you can definitely chalk this game up as a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Well, you can definitely chalk this game up as a loss.
    Fun stuff so far. I called a two point win in the Xavier Hoops pick the score contest, so I look like Nostradamus right now. Let's hope the final score is in our favor, too.

Turn Off Ads?