1 OSU, 2 Purdue, 4 Louisville, 5 Kentucky, 6 Xavier, 7 Cincinnati
    Conference bids: 11 Big East, 6 SEC, 6 Big 10, 3 A-10

Andy Glockner, SI
    Seed
    1 OSU, 2 Purdue, 3 Louisville, 5 Kentucky, 5 Xavier, 10 Cincinnati
    Conference bids: 11 Big East, 6 Big 10, 5 SEC, 3 A-10

John Wise: Big East will deserve every bid it gets
    Hat tip to Lance.

A potential 4 vs 5 / UK vs XU matchup would be pretty neat.

XU should cruise to 15-1 in the A10, very impressive, albeit in a somewhat down year for the A10.

I really want that A10 tourney title, though. It's been too long - 2006 I think. 27-6 going into the NCAA might garner a 4 seed even, especially if it means going through Temple.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Xavier Basketball

How could Jerry Palm possibly have four A-10 teams in the Tournament?!? He's expecting Xavier, Temple and Richmond to not bother showing up for the A-10 Tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    How could Jerry Palm possibly have four A-10 teams in the Tournament?!? He's expecting Xavier, Temple and Richmond to not bother showing up for the A-10 Tournament?
    He must be a Dayton fan.

Another year, another A-10 title. Hopefully the guys can take care of business in Atlantic City and win the conference tournament for a change. Chris Mack has turned in one whale of a coaching job under tough circumstances this season.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Xavier's been a fun team to watch this year. I could see them picking up a win or two in the tournament as long Tu stays hot and they can get competent play out of their big men.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Xavier's been a fun team to watch this year. I could see them picking up a win or two in the tournament as long Tu stays hot and they can get competent play out of their big men.
    Yep. Guard play is huge in the dance.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

One or two wins would make most fans happy, but from what I've learned about this team, it would not make them happy, especially not Mack. He's led this team beyond expectations with his vision of what's possible. Believe me, he's gunning for the Final Four, and so are the players on the team. Realistic or not to outsiders.

Personally, I can't tell how good XU is, especially against top teams, which is who you play in the sweet 16. They ripped Temple, Richmond and UGA, so who knows? It looks more and more like the UC team that beat them by 20 has a top 10 defense in the country. Look what they did to Gtown.

I feel like the top 5 is really really strong, but after that 6-35 are all very hit or miss. To that extent, I don't think any team can rule out a trip to the sweet 16 or even elite 8. If XU can make the elite 8, I honestly think they'll have a chance to punch through because it will mean they've hardened their resolve, Mack has them playing peak, and the rest of the country is what I think they are, beatable.

That said, they could get beat in a 5/12 game.

Right now, they need to win the A 10 tourney and grab a protected 4 seed so the XU base can follow them the Cleveland or Chicago or Charlotte.

15-1, damn, it feels nice, if not disorienting.

I can't see Xavier doing better than a 5 no matter what. I'm thinking a 6 is more likely. Playing a 9th seeded Dayton in the QF of the A-10 would be pretty unbelievable. What an awful year those guys have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I can't see Xavier doing better than a 5 no matter what. I'm thinking a 6 is more likely. Playing a 9th seeded Dayton in the QF of the A-10 would be pretty unbelievable. What an awful year those guys have had.
    You are probably correct, but their projected RPI if they win out is about 11.

Wow guys, way to give a darn for the first 15 minutes.

Nice comeback that showed some real fire, but you should never let yourself get down 18 to begin with. Hopefully Mack lets the players have it and they come out motivated in the first round.

Probably not the worst thing in the world for an already paper-thin Xavier team with an ailing Kenny Frease to be able to go home and get a couple extra days of rest. Get ready for the tournament. Xavier has never seemed to worry too much about the A-10 tourney anyway.

Good luck in the NIT again Dayton...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Crap way to lose a game -- giving up the lead on what probably should've been called as a loose-ball foul instead of a shooting foul. Can't really complain, though -- if Xavier would've played with any offensive urgency in the first half, they'd have won this game easily.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Crap way to lose a game -- giving up the lead on what probably should've been called as a loose-ball foul instead of a shooting foul. Can't really complain, though -- if Xavier would've played with any offensive urgency in the first half, they'd have won this game easily.
    Exactly. Going down 21-3 was just shockingly bad. Avoid even one of those treys and the game goes to the X-Men.

Dayton should roll into the finals with a chance to dance. St. Joes beat Duquesne in OT.

I doubt Dayton rolls over St. Joe's. They might win, but I bet it's tight.

Turn Off Ads?