Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

Gotta say I'm with Mutaman on this one (can't remember that ever being the case before). Doesn't really seem like he came in here to troll.

His first post in this thread was:

Buzz Williams has had his ups and downs this season, but he coached a great game tonight. Marquette had too many weapons and Buzz used them perfectly.
    Simply his opinion on the game. He may be wrong but I didn't see that as trying to start anything. Everything after that was discussion on his first post.

I don't understand how it should have been private either. The crux of the discussion seemed to be: Marquette was just too much for a pretty good X team vs. X gave the game away to a hot shooting, average Marquette team. Seems like a pretty standard message board discussion to me.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Gee, I faithfully read the guidelines regularly so I don't offend anyone, but i wasn't aware of all these unwritten rules in effect here. Even when I'm conceeding I was wrong, some people get offended. It was not a "private" conversation. It was quite public, and this is the thread where it took place.
    I'm not offended -- I just didn't want to interrupt you patting yourself on the back regarding your opinion of Marquette. You were the one who said it was a discussion between the two of us.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I guess Marquette was "pretty mediocre" after all.
    At best.

Time to bring this thread back up. Most talented Xavier team ever this year. Will be interesting to see how things go when Xavier gets into the meat of its schedule in a few weeks. Tu and Lyons are just ridiculous as a backcourt, and Wells is an athletic freak. Lots of talent around those guys, too, including an excellent college big man in Frease. They're going to be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Time to bring this thread back up. Most talented Xavier team ever this year. Will be interesting to see how things go when Xavier gets into the meat of its schedule in a few weeks. Tu and Lyons are just ridiculous as a backcourt, and Wells is an athletic freak. Lots of talent around those guys, too, including an excellent college big man in Frease. They're going to be fun to watch.
    Yeah, I'm super-excited this season......but that makes me nervous. I hate expectations of being great.....easily leads to disappointment. But man, the weapons they have this year? Look out!

The 2011-2012 team is a blast to watch. Allowing Tu to pass first is a game changer. The weapons on the Xavier roster are unreal and the pipeline is full, too.

They've got the size to dominate conference play and the guards to make a deep run in the tournament.

This should be an *extremely* exciting year for Xavier hoops. I'm really looking forward to it.

Good win against the always pesky Fightin' Coles. I swear that man could coach a CYO team to respectability.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Good win against the always pesky Fightin' Coles. I swear that man could coach a CYO team to respectability.
    Very true! Xavier is very talented, and didn't play very well. They never seem to play well against Miami. They will be very good this year.

RedHawk fans like myself wish Mavunga would quit thinking he is Ray Allen shooting the three. Bill Edwards should be an exciting MAC player!

Good luck to X!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

I like that freshman PG for Miami (Sullivan?). The RedHawks were a lot better than I expected them to be.

Nice win tonight against UGA but I would really like to see X finish an opponent for once. 14 points is a nice margin but the lead was 36 at one point. I have a feeling Mack will let the guys hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Nice win tonight against UGA but I would really like to see X finish an opponent for once. 14 points is a nice margin but the lead was 36 at one point. I have a feeling Mack will let the guys hear about it.
    And I know this is the wrong place to put this, but an uuuuuugggggllllly night for the Big East.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Was at Cintas tonight -- dominating effort from X, but I agree w/ 1869 on the need to play a complete game. Xavier should have been up 15+ at the half but left points on the floor due to sloppy play. They let up in the second half after jumping out to a 30 point lead, but I find that less troublesome than the first half issues.

Cupcake time is over. Vandy Monday night in Nashville. Big game!

Cupcake time is over. Vandy Monday night in Nashville. Big game!
    Nice early-season road win tonight for X. I thought Xavier was the better team all night, but at times they played awful. Somehow they got it together in the second half and toughed out a good victory. The Muskies are ridiculously deep this year, it might take some time for Mack to figure out his rotations...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?