Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #20 Prospect?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Buchholz

12 14.46%
  • Dallas Buck

8 9.64%
  • Ismael Guillon

2 2.41%
  • Ryan Hanigan

14 16.87%
  • Chris Heisey

10 12.05%
  • Danny Ray Herrera

0 0%
  • Sean Henry

0 0%
  • Evan Hildenbrandt

4 4.82%
  • Jeremy Horst

1 1.20%
  • Ben Jukich

0 0%
  • Sam Lecure

5 6.02%
  • Robert Manuel

3 3.61%
  • Adam Rosales

4 4.82%
  • Jordan Smith

0 0%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

8 9.64%
  • Justin Turner

8 9.64%
  • Pedro Viola

1 1.20%
  • Brandon Waring

1 1.20%
  • Sean Watson

0 0%
  • Travis Wood

2 2.41%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #20 Prospect?

Who is Redszone's #20 Prospect?

Redszone's Top Prospects

Prospect #1 - Yonder Alonso
    Prospect #2 - Todd Frazier
    Prospect #3 - Neftali Soto
    Prospect #4 - Drew Stubbs
    Prospect #5 - Chris Valaika
    Prospect #6 - Kyle Lotzkar
    Prospect #7 - Daryl Thompson
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco
    Prospect #9 - Juan Duran
    Prospect #10 - Chris Dickerson
    Prospect #11 - Devin Mesoraco
    Prospect #12 - Danny Dorn
    Prospect #13 - Yorman Rodriguez
    Prospect #14 - Zach Stewart
    Prospect #15 - Josh Roenicke
    Prospect #16 - Ramon Ramirez
    Prospect #17 - Zach Cozart
    Prospect #18 - Matt Maloney
    Prospect #19 - Carlos Fisher
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #20 Prospect?

I seen the previous poll was closed a few hours ago and OBM wasn't around so I thought perhaps he may have went away for the Holiday or something so I went ahead and took it upon myself to add it. I didn't add anyone to the previous list I just subtracted Fisher and left the list at 20 even.

Sorry OBM, I couldn't wait.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I'm still here. I was planning on starting the next one when I got home tonight or in the morning.

I'm going Adam Rosales, he is a guy who can hit for avg & power w/ discipline and play better than average defense in more than 1 spot. No he's not super talented in any one area but he has no significant flaws and he already has touched the bigs. I think this guy could eventually become a starting major league 2B and a fine one at that.

I figure it like this if you like Justin Turner, Ryan Hanigan, Heisey and the like then really Rosales should be your pick here as neither have anything on him as far as I'm concerned. Rosales even still has a little upside which should make him a far better pro than Hanigan (even with the premium position) and nothing about Turner's game is better at all.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 11-27-2008 at 02:22 AM.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm still here. I was planning on starting the next one when I got home tonight or in the morning.
    My bad, just figured I'd give you hand just in case you were gonna be away for a day or so.

--Woody Hayes

No problem.

I went with Dallas Buck. If Buck can regain his low 90's fastball, he's got a chance to develop into a #2 starter IMO. He's got strong groundball tendencies and a solid slider and changeup to go along with his fastball. I expect him to start in Double-A Carolina with a chance to reach Louisville by the end of the season.

hope people don't mind but i had a couple questions:
    it may be january before the rest of the prospects are ranked so of the top 20 what do people think of the fact that only 2 of the top 13 prospects are pitchers?

also, again of the top 20, how many would you see have a ceiling of an above average or elite major league player and how many do you think have a ceiling of an average or part-time player?

edit: woops, i probably should've waited til the 20th prospect was picked. well anyway, thanks in advance for any opinions or relevant pms.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 11-27-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Dallas buck for me

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    it may be january before the rest of the prospects are ranked so of the top 20 what do people think of the fact that only 2 of the top 13 prospects are pitchers?
    I think it looks worse than it is. We have young pitching in the majors, plus Homer Bailey. Still, you're right that we could use some low-level arms.

My man again: Hanigan

Alex Buchholz can flat out hit. Not only that, he had 16 walks in 150 plate appearances which makes me think he has good plate discipline. I expect a rapid rise through the minors next year for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Alex Buchholz can flat out hit. Not only that, he had 16 walks in 150 plate appearances which makes me think he has good plate discipline. I expect a rapid rise through the minors next year for him.
    I agree I love Bucholz's game but feel like I need to see more & at higher levels before I put him above the likes of Rosales.

--Woody Hayes

Hildenbrandt again. Interesting to me that this board really doesn't put much emphasis on upside at all. Guys are considered to be prospects who frankly, even at their best, will be among the dozens of basically fungible units out there while guys like Hildenbrandt--farther away from the bigs but with significant upside at the most important position on the field--get overlooked. Must be because the Reds have been so bad for so long--and their farm system so barren--that anybody who looks like he'll be a major leaguer is considered an important prospect.

I've gone with Dallas Buck the last 3 rounds so I'll stick with him. If he can put up the numbers he did through his senior year in college with torn ligaments and no velocity, that just tells me he know how to pitch and not just throw...so if he can regain any velocity that he had prior to the injury he could really surprise some people.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Hildenbrandt again. Interesting to me that this board really doesn't put much emphasis on upside at all. Guys are considered to be prospects who frankly, even at their best, will be among the dozens of basically fungible units out there while guys like Hildenbrandt--farther away from the bigs but with significant upside at the most important position on the field--get overlooked. Must be because the Reds have been so bad for so long--and their farm system so barren--that anybody who looks like he'll be a major leaguer is considered an important prospect.
    Just curious, who do you think Hildenbrandt should rank ahead of? He's a good prospect but the only guys I could see putting him ahead of are Cozart and maybe Mesoraco.

Turn Off Ads?