Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this world just nuts????

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Is this world just nuts????

I honestly hope they press charges against all the people stampeding thru the door.

Absolutely tragic.

Its a shame that there weren't enough decent people there the prevent this from happening.

I'd sue Wal-Mart till they're blue in the face if I'm this person's family. Can't even protect their own workers. Where was security? You'd think an organization that is worth upwards of a trillion dollars could find a way to have two or three more security guards in each store on Black Friday. Guess not.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I'd sue Wal-Mart till they're blue in the face if I'm this person's family. Can't even protect their own workers. Where was security? You'd think an organization that is worth upwards of a trillion dollars could find a way to have two or three more security guards in each store on Black Friday. Guess not.
    Additionally the people who stomped over these poor people should be tracked down and thrown in jail.

Plenty of blame on both sides. The store for allowing the mayhem to develop and the hammerheads for killing people over X-boxes.

Sick stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Additionally the people who stomped over these poor people should be tracked down and thrown in jail.

Plenty of blame on both sides. The store for allowing the mayhem to develop and the hammerheads for killing people over X-boxes.

Sick stuff.
    Good luck tracking down several hundred people.

The store knew they had a problem on their hands before they even opened the doors. Seriously, they needed tear gas to disperse that crowd.

It's funny, though, that in other countries people trample others for rice and clean water; in this country it's Playstation 3's.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Good luck tracking down several hundred people.

The store knew they had a problem on their hands before they even opened the doors. Seriously, they needed tear gas to disperse that crowd.

It's funny, though, that in other countries people trample others for rice and clean water; in this country it's Playstation 3's.
    I bet they used credit cards for what they purchased.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Just what I was thinking.

No way these people didn't know they were stomping on a human being, man slaughter charges for them all, of course sue Wally world for not doing enough to prevent this.
    Go Gators!

I work at Wal-Mart as a Greeter, so I guess I can speak on this subject. There should have been more people present at the door to maintain order. For example , today we had 2 trained greeters, a cashier with greeter experience, 2 members of the night shift crew to help out, and another associate, all at GM Door. They should have better planning to prevent this situation, and it needn't ever have happened. BTW, Wal-Mart doesn't employ any security guards. They may re-consider that after this situation.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 11-28-2008 at 09:53 PM.

One would think so but are you going to arrest everyone who bought something between the time the doors opened and an hour or two later? As FCB said, good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

You're probably right, but it's pretty sad that people can't be expected to act with even the tiniest bit of decency. I think Wal-Mart gets the blame by default, but the problem does is not with Wal-Mart, it's with stupid, selfish people. Should this Wal-Mart store have been better prepared? Absolutely, but it's most likely that this store wasn't following company guidelines. The outcry should be toward disgusting people who consider no one but themselves.

My wife is a retail manager and I've been involved in my share of Black Friday shopping, 99% of people would not act the way the people did at that Wal-Mart in Long Island.

You can't give 500-1000 guests a straight shot to the doors. I'm a retail manager at a SuperTarget and while the opportunity is there, most people are patient about waiting in line. This year we put one full row of carts and angled it from the entrance way, this way everyone that waited for hours got in first and the rush of traffic was manageable. Last year we had people run up from their cars and blended in with the line, causing a few moments of concern as I heard a few profanity laced tirades from the back of the row.

Like this sort of thing hasn't happened before? What is wrong with these retailers? How can they create situations like this and not be better prepared?

And more importantly..... how can fellow human beings trample over someone lying on the ground like that, show such indifference, and not care? This just boggles my mind!

Black Friday has earned it's name.

About 6 years ago my younger brother (and wife) got up around 4 AM to line up at a local Walmart for Black Friday sales. They were close to the head of the line, and by 6 AM it was pretty long. Many already had their carts st the ready.

Anyway - just a few minutes before the store opened, this woman, with cart in tow, who had just gotten there, decided she was somehow better, more deserving, then everyone else who had been waiting in line 2-3 hrs, and was going to waltz right by the entire line as the doors opened.

My brother used his cart in a blocking maneuver and told her the line starts back there. The woman went nuts, it almost turned physical on her part, and several others soon jumped in.

That was the last time my brother has ever gone out on Black Friday.

I went out yesterday afternoon to the local Super Walmart. My computer keyboard quit on me and I needed a new one. It wasn't that bad here, but Bellefontaine in not some huge metropolis either.

They had a good deal on a 50" Samsung HD plasma TV for $800 though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    One would think so but are you going to arrest everyone who bought something between the time the doors opened and an hour or two later? As FCB said, good luck with that.
    Match the credit cards to the security footage. There are no secrets in Walmart.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Match the credit cards to the security footage. There are no secrets in Walmart.

And how are you going to tell who was in line at what time? How do you put a face to a name? What if they paid by check? For all we know, the security camera caught the back of their heads.

Even if you were able to round these people up, they coud just say they were pushed from behind by other shoppers and if they didn't keep moving, they woud suffer the same fate as the poor guy who got trampled.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?