Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Chad Johnson = Black Friday shopper!

1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar

Chad Johnson = Black Friday shopper!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/11/28/ocho-cinco-saves-dinero/

If someone wanted to bet me a $1000.00 and said, " I bet you that Chad Johnson will get up at 4:30am and go shopping on the friday after Thanksgiving." I would take that bet and try and double it.

Who would of "thunk" it???

I guess this is why he falls asleep during team meetings.

Does anyone on earth understand this guy?
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chad Johnson = Black Friday shopper!

lol what's up with the milton berle glasses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Um.....are we absolutely 100% certain that this gentelman is Mr. Ochenta y Cinco? I see no definitive proof.

It quite possibly might only be someone who bears a strong resemblance.

If it was, in fact, him, then why isn't a crowd following him and asking for autographs?

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    Um.....are we absolutely 100% certain that this gentelman is Mr. Ochenta y Cinco? I see no definitive proof.

It quite possibly might only be someone who bears a strong resemblance.

If it was, in fact, him, then why isn't a crowd following him and asking for autographs?
    Come on now...it's Black Friday. No one cares about a cry baby washed up NFL wide receiver when there are HDTV's for $700 two aisles over!

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

What's up with people attacking him? To my knowledge, he didn't attack any of you. He's said negative things about the Bengals, particularly in the off-season, but look at how right he was. The team isn't competing, and he called it. I'm not saying he's the ultimate team player, but he doesn't deserve to be attacked by people who don't know him nor his circumstances.

Yeah, every NFL player who plays on a crappy team should get to publicly trash his organization. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Yeah, every NFL player who plays on a crappy team should get to publicly trash his organization. Exactly.

My idea of a leader is someone who wants to win and will stand up and tries to do something when something is wrong. The Bengals suck. They're embarrassingly bad. I'm not saying he's a leader, but at least Chad Johnson is doing something, and it's like he's T.O., who publicly criticizes his organization while he's winning.

Please don't hear me wrong--I'm not saying that every player should be able to publicly trash his organization at will, but what I am saying is that we don't know the details. For example, he was probably promised that the Bengals would do whatever it takes to compete. In the off-season, nothing was done that would have backed that up.

And if there's a team that has players who should be allowed to criticize the organization, it should be the Bengals (or Lions, for that matter). Mike Brown has almost single-handedly brought this on the organization. I think one reason people want to criticize Ocho Cinco because they're so sick and tired of blaming the person who's really at fault, Mike Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    My idea of a leader is someone who wants to win and will stand up and tries to do something when something is wrong. The Bengals suck. They're embarrassingly bad. I'm not saying he's a leader, but at least Chad Johnson is doing something, and it's like he's T.O., who publicly criticizes his organization while he's winning.

Please don't hear me wrong--I'm not saying that every player should be able to publicly trash his organization at will, but what I am saying is that we don't know the details. For example, he was probably promised that the Bengals would do whatever it takes to compete. In the off-season, nothing was done that would have backed that up.

And if there's a team that has players who should be allowed to criticize the organization, it should be the Bengals (or Lions, for that matter). Mike Brown has almost single-handedly brought this on the organization. I think one reason people want to criticize Ocho Cinco because they're so sick and tired of blaming the person who's really at fault, Mike Brown.
    There are players who work hard want to make the best of their current situation and do everything they can to bring the rest of the team up to their level. There are also players who, when things go south, try to do everything they can to get out. They want to take all the credit for winning, but don't want to face any of the challenges of losing. Which type of player is Chad Johnson?

Criticizing Chad Johnson doesn't mean Mike Brown is blameless. The Brown family is the main problem, but there's more than enough blame to go around. If Chad didn't like the way the Brown family was doing things, he shouldn't have agreed to redo those big contracts with those big signing bonuses. Look at what team leaders on other teams do. When they recognize the team needs help, they renegotiate their contract to lessen the cap hit and allow space for more signings. Has Chad done that? No. In fact, he's tried to force the Bengals to make moves that would instead eat up more cap space and tie their hands even further. That's not a leader. That's a whiny me-first baby.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Well, we're clearly never going to agree on this. I don't think that what Chad is doing is necessarily the right thing to do, but I don't think he deserves to be criticized for the type of human being he is because I think none of us actually know how he really is. We just know what we see and read in the media, and we usually don't get all the relevant details in those stories.

Turn Off Ads?