• Alex Buchholz

24 34.78%
  • Ryan Hanigan

20 28.99%
  • Chris Heisey

25 36.23%

Thread: Prospect #20 runoff vote

Prospect #20 runoff vote

It's down to Buchholz, Hanigan, or Heisey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Prospect #20 runoff vote

I went with Chris Heisey. Good defender in CF with average power and good OBP skills.

Alex Buchholz again. I expect a breakout year from him next year.

I went with Hanigan. If you were to make a trade right now and it came down to the other team accepting 1 of those 3 I think they would choose Hanigan who looks like he can be a solid backup defensive minded catcher and he's already in the bigs. If it weren't for Bucholz only having 1 year under his belt he'd win this hands down for me. Heisey's ceiling probably never makes him any more valuable than a legit decent backup catcher.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I went with Chris Heisey. Good defender in CF with average power and good OBP skills.
    Yep, and while I don't place a lot of value on SB, I do like guys who are successful when they run. Heisey in 2008, 32 SB, and 2 CS. I don't know how many times he got picked-off if any, but if it was less than 5, that is about as effective a use of the running game possible.

For comparison sake Drew Stubbs in 2008 33SB and 9 CS, in 2007 23 SB and 15 CS. Chris Dickerson in 2008 31 SB and 10 CS, in 2007 30 SB and 7 CS.

On my team Stubbs and Dickerson would both get the stop sign. Heisey would get the green light.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

This was easily Buchholz for me. By the end of 2009, I think he'll be a bigger prospect than Chris Valaika. I like Chris Heisey, but we just need to accept his fate as a utility outfielder. I like Hanigan, too, but like dougdirt pointed out, he probably has a very limited prime.

This has been like one of those scoreboard races between Mr. Red and Rosie and Gapper.

Heisey wins by a vote.

WHOO!

Turn Off Ads?