Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brandon Phillips WBC Team USA?

Brandon Phillips WBC Team USA?

With Chase Utley being out until May, what's the chances of Brandon Phillips makes Team USA in the spring?
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon Phillips WBC Team USA?

I had this disscussion on another baseball board. I put Pedroia ahead of him and Phillips backing him up.

Lets hope he does not play it will just wear him down faster.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

A few games isn't going to wear him down. This isn't football.

I don't mind BP playing a few extra games, but it really made me mad when Griffey played in it a few years back.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I don't mind BP playing a few extra games, but it really made me mad when Griffey played in it a few years back.
    Yeah Griffey had no buisness playing in the WBC. There is always the risk of injury when these guys come in out of shape and not ready to play. Keep your fingers crossed that BP will be ready to go. I would hate to see someone get injured in this thing.

The WBC is an entertaining event, andI wouldn't mind if phillips played because who knows, it could serve as a more effective spring training. However, If I was a manager/GM I would not allow any pitchers on my team to participate. It forces pitchers to get ready a month early and that is not worth the risk by any means.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

I wouldn't mind seeing Phillips in the WBC.

Turn Off Ads?