Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I wasn't really rooting for Dexter in the first season, I think that was part of the point and what made the show interesting. It was pretty morally interesting and very unique to have the protagonist be someone who is basically insane but able to keep it in check because he followed a code his father laid down to keep him safe.

If he's normal it's just a CSI where they kill people instead of locking them up.
    Not quite. CSI is a team full of investigators. Dexter is a lone wolf doing it all by himself, risking everything to do it because of 'the darkness within'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Okay, I liked the most recent season well enough I guess, but the ending was just dumb...

SPOILERS..................................

Jordan Chase would never have put himself in such a vulnerable position. The dude has 4 bodyguards with him at all time and untold millions but he's going to try and finish Dexter and Lumen off by himself? No way.

The other thing that stuck out was allowing Dexter to perform the blood analysis on the drop of blood on Quinn's shoe. The mere fact that Dexter's sister is his partner would preclude Dexter from participating in any sort of investigation/test involving Quinn... not to mention the fact that it was common knowledge around the station that his sister and Quinn had a relationship that extended beyond being just partners. Just wouldn't happen.

I still really like the show overall, but the last episode was pretty weak, IMO.
    Last edited by WMR; 12-16-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Okay, I liked the most recent season well enough I guess, but the ending was just dumb...

SPOILERS..................................

Jordan Chase would never have put himself in such a vulnerable position. The dude has 4 bodyguards with him at all time and untold millions but he's going to try and finish Dexter and Lumen off by himself? No way.

The other thing that stuck out was allowing Dexter to perform the blood analysis on the drop of blood on Quinn's shoe. The mere fact that Dexter's sister is his partner would preclude Dexter from participating in any sort of investigation/test involving Quinn... not to mention the fact that it was common knowledge around the station that his sister and Quinn had a relationship that extended beyond being just partners. Just wouldn't happen.

I still really like the show overall, but the last episode was pretty weak, IMO.
    Here is my rant that I emailed a buddy this week:

Dude, I gotta say, EXTREMELY disappointed in the finale. I thought that was a very, very lazy effort, and nothing significant happened at all.

I don’t even have the time to rant about everything, but to name a few….

How the heck is the barrel girl case solved? Seriously?

Quinn has to know Dexter killed Liddy right…. So he just lets it slide because Dexter “fixed” the blood sample? THAT’S THE END OF THE LIDDY INVESTIGATION??? No way! Liddy’s last 5 calls were to Quinn…. They would have investigated the crap out of him, he would have had to give up the name of the person he hired Liddy to spy on, and Dexter would have been caught. I thought for sure Quinn was going to die, because that is the only way to avoid that conundrum.

Lumen just leaves? She’s done? She murders 3 people, and she just goes back to her regular life? That’s a lazy casting influenced decision there….. Clearly Julia Stiles wasn’t coming back for another season… they should have killed her off…. Unless of course they plan on bringing her back in the future….. Ok I changed my mind on this one….. nice job leaving this potential plot point open.

How the hell did Deb “Call this in?” What did she call in? Clearly Dex and Lumen took Jordan’s body…. So what does Deb say that she saw? How do they explain the car crashed on the property?

Here’s what I thought should have happened… DEB NEEDED TO FIND OUT. The show already clearly surpasses any sense of reality, and has for several years. They can’t go on forever with the same kind of plots, and no one finding out. Stuff has to hit the fan eventually. The show can’t have that many years left. They should have blown it up in the finale. Deb finding out, Quinn getting killed, something happening to one of LaGuerta/Batista. Maybe it was too cliché to end on another cliffhanger, but my god, how do you end season 4 the way you did, then end season 5 with everything all good?

Am I reading too much into it by replaying Debra saying to Dex something along the lines of “You’ve gotta be glad this is all over?” Is that a hint that she knows?

I think she knows judging by that last statement in the finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Turn Off Ads?