Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty wants Wood

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Dusty wants Wood

Dusty plans to call Kerry Wood

Dusty thinks Kerry Wood might want to come to Cincy. I wonder if Wood lets the call go to voicemail?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty wants Wood

Best Thread Title Ever

Just had to be the one to say it

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Best Thread Title Ever

Just had to be the one to say it
    LMAO.

Actually, if the Reds do sign Wood and the post title is "Dusty Gets Wood" that might be just a little bit better, maybe. But great catch.

On a serious note, it will take a lot of money to get Wood to be a set up man, plus there a lot of teams needing a closer and he is one of the best ones out there, so I doubt the Reds sign him.

But if they do....

9th - Cordero
    8th - Wood
    7th - Burton
    6th - Bray

It would be like the Nasty Boys again. The Reds could have an average offense and easily contend with that bullpen in addition to the rotation.

Relievers are the most fungible asset in the game. We already made one colossal mistake in signing Cordero. Why do it again with an injury-prone setup guy?

Use guys from within and sign some minor-league free agents to solidify the bullpen. Our money is much more well-spent trying to improve our outfield situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Jobinson View Post
    Relievers are the most fungible asset in the game. We already made one colossal mistake in signing Cordero. Why do it again with an injury-prone setup guy?

Use guys from within and sign some minor-league free agents to solidify the bullpen. Our money is much more well-spent trying to improve our outfield situation.

@#$% my @#$%^*&

i'd be surprised if dusty could convince wood to take less to be a red. but i couldn't complain if he did. he seems to be safer since he converted to relief. imo, with 3 open bullpen spots one spot should be reserved for a solid veteran reliever and another spot should be reserved for one of our own (roenicke, ramirez, etc). i wouldn't want all 3 to have very limited, or no, experience in the majors.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-02-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Jobinson View Post

amen, plus if Dusty REALLY wants him then that confirms it's a bad idea
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

On the other hand, if the Reds sign Wood, and head into the All-Star break out of contention, and both Wood and Cordero are doing well, the trade offers will definitely be there.

The Reds would give Wood a chance for revenge against his old team, too.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    LMAO.

Actually, if the Reds do sign Wood and the post title is "Dusty Gets Wood" that might be just a little bit better, maybe. But great catch.
    So Dusty will then have Dick Pole and Wood? Hmmm
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Dusty wants to finish the job he started in Chitown. Unfortunately Prior will never come east again probably so this is the second prize .
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Are there any players Dusty wants besides former Cubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Dusty wants to finish the job he started in Chitown. Unfortunately Prior will never come east again probably so this is the second prize .
    Wood's & Priors arm trouble began before Dusty was in town....you watch too much ESPN.

I would welcome Kerry Wood to Cincy...but would he be happy with not being the closer? Or hey stick him in the rotation...good gamble for a 5th starter!

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Wood's & Priors arm trouble began before Dusty was in town....you watch too much ESPN.

I would welcome Kerry Wood to Cincy...but would he be happy with not being the closer? Or hey stick him in the rotation...good gamble for a 5th starter!
    Its called sarcasm. Yes I know Woods and especially Prior's arm problems were a culmination of everything before and to that point. The one reason I dont want Wood is the exact reason you stated above, Duhhhsty would try and shoe horn him back into the rotation and watch as Wood's arm explodes again. Then the Reds are stuck with probably a 3 yr deal for 5-10 per for a handful of starts and more DL time than Albert Belle, Griffey, and Prior together.
    Last edited by Slyder; 12-02-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

I'm sure he does

Turn Off Ads?