Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How many wins will the Bengals have in 2008?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 6

19 25.00%

13 17.11%

18 23.68%

4 5.26%

10 13.16%

11 14.47%

1 1.32%
  • More than 11

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengals Predictions for 2008

Bengals Predictions for 2008

How many games will the Bengals win this year?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bengals Predictions for 2008

I think they're going to be atrocius this year. They're going to show continued signs of dysfunction and will look rudderless all year. The league has Bratkowski figured out, IMO, so I don't think the offense will at all be able to make up for the defensive shortcomings. Overall, I think they're going to look like a team in over their heads this year.

I wish I was more optimistic, but I just can't be. As long as MIke Brown is around, this is what we're going to see.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Anything and everything went wrong last year. They won 7 games. I think the defensive backfield works a little better together(though they need a nickle back) and the offense scores enough points.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I think they'll show some flashes of brilliance, but ultimately break the hearts of die-hard Bengals fans.....again. The defense will give up way too many points because they can't get the quarterback and can't tackle. Despite having Carson, who is still one of the best quarterbacks in the game, and the best receiving duo in the league, the offense will struggle to overcome the defense.

I see another 7-9 season. Same ole', same ole'... Please prove me wrong, Bengals. Please prove everyone wrong.
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-17-2008 at 10:04 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

after tonight's dreck i say 6-10

0-16

I'm going to be somewhat optimistic for a change and go with 9-7, for the reason Hoosier gave above. They had a pitiful season last year and still won seven games.

The schedule would seem to be very tough this year, but that doesn't worry me as much as it does others. NFL schedules look much different in August than they do when you look back on them after the season is over. Last year's playoff team may be this year's 4-12 team, and vice versa.

I'm thinking 7-9 yet again. I would like to be more optimistic, but after going to tonight's game, I can't help but think it will be more of the same. The offense is just completely out of synch, and while the D shouldn't be as bad, I still don't think it will be good.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Five.

If the defense doesn't keep getting pushed around on the line, they won't win 7. Rivers may make a difference, but if you are relying on your linebackers to make huge numbers of tackles, then you are in bad shape.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

6-10.

Bratkowski's schemes are a joke, and Zimmer can only do so much with the dreck he's been given. This team won't be able to run the ball and won't be able to pressure the quarterback. If you can't do that, you can't win.

The movable pieces on the schedule won't help either--having to play the Colts, Jags, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles is pretty brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    If the defense doesn't keep getting pushed around on the line, they won't win 7. Rivers may make a difference, but if you are relying on your linebackers to make huge numbers of tackles, then you are in bad shape.
    I thought the first string defense did a decent job defensively. The run defense was solid. We were just burnt in the secondary for the big play way too often, as has been the case for years now. I don't buy into the hype of Jonathan Joseph and Leon Hall. I watched Hall get burnt for four years by the likes of Ginn and Gonzo, so I have little faith in his ability to be a good NFL corner.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I thought the first string defense did a decent job defensively. The run defense was solid.
    I didn't have a chance to watch, so that'd be good news to me. It's all about whether the defensive line gets pushed backwards, in my opinion. They haven't improved on that, or the conditioning that allows a defense to stay strong late into the game in a long time.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I didn't have a chance to watch, so that'd be good news to me. It's all about whether the defensive line gets pushed backwards, in my opinion. They haven't improved on that, or the conditioning that allows a defense to stay strong late into the game in a long time.
    I'd agree with you for the most part. They do get pushed back way too often. As far as getting pressure on the QB is concerned, I thought they did a much better job against GB than they did against Detroit. Bottom line is they just don't have enough playmaker's on this defense. I can't even begin to count the number of interceptions they dropped.

I want to be overly optimistic.... but the last 16 or 17 years have given me reason to think otherwise

Senor Votto

16-0

Turn Off Ads?