Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What kind of / How much dairy do you/your family use?

Re: What kind of / How much dairy do you/your family use?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Milk is for babies.
    Or someone who happens to have a couple Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, or ginger snaps lying around.

And few things in life are as tasty as a slice of chocolate / devil's food cake and an ice cold glass of milk.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Or someone who happens to have a couple Oreos, chocolate chip cookies, or ginger snaps lying around.

And few things in life are as tasty as a slice of chocolate / devil's food cake and an ice cold glass of milk.
    quoted for extreme tastiness.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I missed this thread, but I'll throw in my two cents worth.

I love milk. Now in middle age, I'm mostly relegated to skim milk for drinking, but have to have 2% on my cereal. Go figure.

I still have some cheese, usually cheddar. Most Saturday's I'll make an egg sandwich with a slice of American cheese.

I come from a family of eight kids. When I was young, my mom would be eight gallons of milk from my uncle's store, bringing home two cases of it. We'd then mix it with powdered milk, half and half. You hated to be the one who needed milk and had to make up a batch. If someone made it ahead of time and it could chill overnight, you'd never know the half and half mix was anything different. So we consumed 16 gallons of milk a week!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Ohhhh....I need a moment.

Doesn't quite weigh in at 2 pounds, I know.
    with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

does your eating lifestyle extend to eggs?
    I do dabble in the liquid chicken, I like em pickled too.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I haven't had a cheeseburger in 20 years.
    I'm approaching 10 years for beef, pork and veal. Probably close to 8 years for chicken. Don't miss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post

Oh yeah!

When my wife makes cookies (chocolate chip or peanut butter), I'll put a hurtin' on them with a nice tall glass of cold milk.

I also love ginger snaps and the Archway brand of cookies.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?