Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What kind of / How much dairy do you/your family use?

Re: What kind of / How much dairy do you/your family use?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    We eat lots of cheese.

I say, "Blessed are the Cheesemakers."
    We do too.

My son can plow through a *big* block of Tillamook’s extra sharp white cheddar from Costco in about 2-3 days. I think its 2 lbs. but may be more. The boy likes his cheese.

Pay attention to the open sky

2. Turn Off Ads?

-Fat free yogurt x4/week
    -Skim milk, gallon/week

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I generally have a yogurt every day but that's it. I don't think humans need to "nurse" their entire life.
    What do you think yogurt is made out of? MILK.

You're nursing too. Just with a spoon instead of slurping it down with a glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Haha, you're all light-weights Minimum of 1 gallon whole milk per day for me alone. Whole family puts away about 9 gallons a week. Drank skim for the last 15 years but purposely forced a switch to whole milk + the 1 gallon a day regimen to help gain weight while working out. I've gained 40 pounds in the last 18 months. We also go through tons of cheese and yogurt.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    What do you think yogurt is made out of? MILK.

You're nursing too. Just with a spoon instead of slurping it down with a glass.

Did I say I never had milk in anything? There's lots of things that have milk in it. Don't you think I knew that since I included yogurt as an answer to this question?

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Mrs. U drinks a big glass of milk daily and enjoys anything dairy except sour cream.
    That reminds me. Sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch =
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I was never a huge milk fan. My wife and daughter drink skim milk 2xday though. We all love cheese. I am a big Tillamook country extra sharp cheddar guy!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Skim for me...I switched from 2& a few years ago. It does take some getting used to but now even 2% is too thick.

Sometimes I drink 1/2 gallon in a day, other times I'm throwing some away because it went bad.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I drink about 2 gallons of 1% a week. I drink it like most people drink pop.
    We're a 2% milk family. But we go through about 3 gallons/week. I love milk!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That reminds me. Sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch =
    Sour cream is excellent, especially with baked potatoes and nachos.
    Ranch is average to below average and typically bad for you.*
    Mayonnaise is awful and I hate it. Then Rex grossman talked about how he always needed Mayo on his sandwiches so that was the tipping point for me and I knew liking Mayo would send me to hell.

* I know sour cream isn't exactly good for you either but I like the way it tastes whereas I do not enjoy ranch.
    Baseball is not necessarily an obsessive-compulsive disorder, like washing your hands 100 times a day, but it's beginning to seem that way. We're reaching the point where you can be a truly dedicated, state-of-the-art fan or you can have a life. Take your pick. ~Thomas Boswell

Having a life is overrated.

Glad to hear about the consumption! As resident dairy farmer, I don't typically drink my own product, we buy ours at the store. The fat% of our milk runs around 4%. I would weigh two metric tons if I drank it all the time. It is great for soups and recipes, though.

I would like to give a plug to two Farmstead cheese makers that I have met. Their cheese is top notch. Give it a try. (Warning: It can be a bit pricey!)

http://www.bravofarms.com/ their special reserve white cheddar, and chipotle cheddar are to die for.
    http://www.oakvalecheese.com/ known for their Gouda produced near London, Ohio.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    Sour cream is excellent, especially with baked potatoes and nachos.
    Ranch is average to below average and typically bad for you.*
    Mayonnaise is awful and I hate it. Then Rex grossman talked about how he always needed Mayo on his sandwiches so that was the tipping point for me and I knew liking Mayo would send me to hell.

* I know sour cream isn't exactly good for you either but I like the way it tastes whereas I do not enjoy ranch.
    Ranch and Mayo aren't dairy products. They are mostly a combination of vegetable oil and assorted crud. Sure they may have some whey or MPC but they don't really count.

Kind of like American Cheese, it isn't really cheese anymore, It is processed cheese food. Most manufacturers of American Cheese slices are no longer Real Seal certified. It is the same reason that I won't buy or consume Kraft "cheese". Their "cheese" products are not necessarily made with American milk, produced under American rules and regulations. They buy imported MPC (Milk Protein Concentrate) to produce "cheese". When in doubt buy the store brands they are typically a superior product, produced with American milk. Take a look at the packages and ingredients next time you are in the store.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    milk is foul, but yogurt is ok?

i loathe yogurt.
    Have you had real yogurt? Dannon, yoplait, that's not real yogurt to me. If your spoon stands up, then it's yogurt.

That's a food I'm a little fussy about. I see people with their key lime mixed berry runny curdled milk jelly thing and I don't know how they stomach it. Real yogurt is so rich that it's hard to finish a single-serving container of it in one sitting. There is no such thing as low-fat or fat-free yogurt. I don't know what that food product is, but it ain't yogurt.

Bizarrely, I drink skim milk, but I drink a fair amount of it. I probably have too much dairy in my diet, actually.
    Last edited by vaticanplum; 12-04-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Have you had real yogurt? Dannon, yoplait, that's not real yogurt to me. If your spoon stands up, then it's yogurt.

That's a food I'm a little fussy about. I see people with their key lime mixed berry runny curdled milk jelly thing and I don't know how they stomach it. Real yogurt is so rich that it's hard to finish a single-serving container of it in one sitting. There is no such thing as low-fat or fat-free yogurt. I don't know what that food product is, but it ain't yogurt.

Bizarrely, I drink skim milk, but I drink a fair amount of it. I probably have too much dairy in my diet, actually.
    Just what I want... thick milk gone bad.

seriously, who came up with yogurt and cottage cheese? I'll eat just about anything that isn't a bug, but those two items seriously make me want to wretch.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Just what I want... thick milk gone bad.

seriously, who came up with yogurt and cottage cheese?
    Very hungry people, that's who.

While we're on the "Have you ever eaten real..." topic, I'll mention Mozzarella. Whatever that stuff is you find at the supermarket, it's not mozzarella.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?