Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Padres SS Greene traded to St.Louis

Re: Padres SS Greene traded to St.Louis

Brignac hasnt hit much in the higher levels of the minors

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Interesting that you bash folks that use that same line of thinking on Keppinger.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Not that Keppinger was hurt....

Keppinger is not a Full Time player... He is a versatile middle infielder bench player... thats what I said... and said, and said, and said...

In other news, the Reds haven't done anything...

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    In other news, the Reds haven't done anything...
    They are on that Plan they started in 1999... couple more years... couple more years...

Cards

Miller check
    Greene check

Reds

_______
    _______
    _______
    _______

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Brignac hasnt hit much in the higher levels of the minors
    that's true his stats fell in AA/AAA but i didn't think he'd be an elite ss anyway. more like possibly a hardy/peralta type. but next to greene, brignac is younger, healthier, cheaper and should be able to at least match his stats.

the other half was mcgee over peavy. call me crazy but i'd rather acquire a stud before he reaches his potential. it's alot cheaper. i'd be open to a trade of alonso for a top middle infielder prospect and a sp prospect. we have a solid 1st baseman now. we could use more IF/SP prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    that's true his stats fell in AA/AAA but i didn't think he'd be an elite ss anyway. more like possibly a hardy/peralta type. but next to greene, brignac is younger, healthier, cheaper and should be able to at least match his stats.

the other half was mcgee over peavy. call me crazy but i'd rather acquire a stud before he reaches his potential. it's alot cheaper. i'd be open to a trade of alonso for a top middle infielder prospect and a sp prospect. we have a solid 1st baseman now. we could use more IF/SP prospects.
    I wouldn't move Alonso, that guy might be a left handed Hitting Prince Albert...

Why trade for a SS when we're looking for a RH power/average hitting LFer?

Why trade for a SS when we're looking for possibly a better fielding, better hitting third baseman?

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Why trade for a SS when we're looking for a RH power/average hitting LFer?

Why trade for a SS when we're looking for possibly a better fielding, better hitting third baseman?

Weird.
    But did you see what St. Louis gave up for Greene, I mean that guy is probably going to have a Great year being in his walk year and 1 year ago from being a 27 Homer - 44 Double Season...

St. Louis knows what they are doing... and at 6.5 Million was worth the Risk...

my point was/is that it's a good idea to deal from an area of strength to improve an area that's weak. on our team, and in the farm system, we have alot of players/prospects for the outfield and corner infield spots. we DON'T have alot of starting pitcher prospects with high ceilings or middle infielder prospects that are projected as starters in the middle.

a couple years ago texas traded teix for top catcher and shortstop prospects. they're still in really good shape at 1st but now they have their future shortstop and an extra catcher alot of people want. now don't ya wish the reds could say that?

my point was/is that it's a good idea to deal from an area of strength to improve an area that's weak. on our team, and in the farm system, we have alot of players/prospects for the outfield and corner infield spots. we DON'T have alot of starting pitcher prospects with high ceilings or middle infielder prospects that are projected as starters in the middle.

a couple years ago texas traded teix for top catcher and shortstop prospects. they're still in really good shape at 1st but now they have their future shortstop and an extra catcher alot of people want. now don't ya wish the reds could say that?
    Yeah, Texas has First Base all lined out don't they...

And you tell me I live in a Dream World...

uhh yeah they do. as much as the reds do. the reds have votto and alonso. well texas has chris davis and justin smoak. i'd say they're in pretty good shape there.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 12-05-2008 at 06:14 PM.

uhh yeah they do. as much as the reds do. the reds have votto and alonso. well texas has chris davis and justin smoak. i'd say they're in pretty good shape there.

Davis? LOL Please... he is no Joe Votto

Smoak is atleast 3-4 years away...

Votto is here and NOW and Alonso is Advanced....

Next...

ok hondo whatever you say.

Finally... You agree... Did you have a V8 just now or something?

Actually Davis is a Fine Ball Player... Just need to see more than 80 games out of him... He also struck out like 88 times...

But I was a Dunn Fan so whatever right?>

Turn Off Ads?