Turn Off Ads?

Thread: BA AFL top 20 - No Reds

BA AFL top 20 - No Reds

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=1815

Don't know if Stubbs got much consideration or not. He didn't play well in the league, but sometimes BA overlooks that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BA AFL top 20 - No Reds

From the BA AFL chat:

Q: Kyle from Middletown asks:
    Do you think that Stubbs will be in the top 100 again after the improvements he made this year (except for the fall league)? Do you think that he can still be a Mike Cameron kind of player in the big leagues?

A: Kary Booher: Not sure if he'll be in the Top 100 again, as we'll have a new batch of guys to consider along with last year's crop. But who knows? Stubbs still is among the Reds top prospects, and it's safe to envision him as a Mike Cameron type at this point even though he didn't show as much power as people would have liked. One thing about the AFL is that, when guys don't have good showings, you can't always look at the numbers. Not only is it a small sample size, but scouts say that a lot of players look a fatigued and are just battling through it. No surprise there. The casual fan assumes these guys show up the first week of April when the reality is that they work out year-round, then go from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. every day at spring training. So I'm not defending Stubbs here so much as kind of theorizing that his lack of production in the AFL wasn't solely on one factor, i.e. the pitching.

Re: BA AFL top 20 - No Reds

Doesn't sound like Booher actually spoke to anyone in the AFL about Stubbs. He just didn't make the list.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?