Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giants Interested In Edwin

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Giants Interested In Edwin

Fay's reporting that the Giants are interested in EE. Fay also states that Edwin is the most likely trade candidate with Homer Bailey 2nd on his list. Take it for what it is..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Giants Interested In Edwin

Fay says he's most likely to be traded.

Walt says he's untouchable.

TRF says Fay is a dink.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

If there was any truth to that Cantu to the Giants rumor, how about EE for Jonathan Sanchez?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Here's the whole blog post:

Rumors and random thoughts as I wonder whether you get cell phone reception at the craps tables in the Bellagio:

--Walt Jocketty sounded pretty confident that the Reds will get something done at the Winter Meetings, which start Monday at the aforementioned Bellagio in Las Vegas. "We've had a lot of discussions with clubs," he said. "Hopefully, we'll be able to follow up and get something done." They better I put together a depth chart for the Sunday paper and the outfield is about as thin Manute Bol.

--Heard from a reliable source today that the Giants are interested in the Edwin Encarnacion. I think Encarnacion is the most likely Red to be traded for two reasons: He's got high-value and the Reds are deep in the minors at third base.

--Heard from an unreliable source (random e-mail) that Homer Bailey had been traded. The reason the e-mailer said Bailey had been trades is he had packed up and left Houston. Why Bailey would go anywhere upon being traded i don't know. But I'd put Bailey right behind Encarnacion on the most-likely-to-be-traded list.

--If Encarnacion remains a Reds he almost certainly will remain at third base. Joey Votto will remain at first. "The only way we would move them is if we traded for a third baseman or first baseman," Jocketty said. "We're not going to move just to move them."

--Jocketty got a chuckle at the Votto-to-Washington Nationals talk. Is that Votto going to get traded? "No." I don't see Jimmy B. as being a Reds trading partner as long as Jocketty's in charge. The two have not made a trade since the Jeff Brantley-for-Dmitri Young deal in 1997. "That one didn't work out too good."

--Nice gesture by the Reds to not raise ticket prices. I'd go a step further and cut the price a buck or so on the cheapest seats. That would be a nice thing to announce at Redsfest.

--T.R. Sullivan, the MLB.com guy in Texas, is reporting that the Reds are a possible trade partner for catcher Gerald Laird. He hit .276/.329/.398 last year. Fielding percentage doesn't tell you everything about a catcher's defense, but Laird's (.986) was the second lowest of any catcher in AL who caught more than 50 games.
    http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...ategory=blog07
    Last edited by Screwball; 12-05-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: add link

The Enquirer seems to have furloughed most of their editors. I know it's a blog, but couldn't he have someone read it over before dispatching. Of course, I'm crossing my fingers that I haven't made a mistake myself.

The Bailey's been traded tidbit is laughable, as Fay correctly noted, because where on earth would Bailey be heading during the off-season?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If there was any truth to that Cantu to the Giants rumor, how about EE for Jonathan Sanchez?
    The Giants stated the rumor was false and that they don't want to trade for an "old player"

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    The Enquirer seems to have furloughed most of their editors. I know it's a blog, but couldn't he have someone read it over before dispatching. Of course, I'm crossing my fingers that I haven't made a mistake myself.

The Bailey's been traded tidbit is laughable, as Fay correctly noted, because where on earth would Bailey be heading during the off-season?
    This comes up after almost every Fay post. He clearly doesn't proofread nor does he care about his job.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, what did you expect. After all.....

TRF says Fay is a dink.
    I don't know why, but that just cracked me up. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    This comes up after almost every Fay post. He clearly doesn't proofread nor does he care about his job.
    Maybe John Fay is really Ltl'Abner.

"I do. I just don't care if things are mispelt. How about them apples? And most of the time I'd recoginize that a word was spelled incorrectly but have no clue what the right spelling was anyway.

I really don't care if some person(s) out in cyberspace thinks I'm a dolt because I misspell words on an internet forum. I'll likely never meet you, interact with you personally or be employed by you.

On some level, it amuses me that people will ignore the message and get hung up on syntax.

I've had people tell me it's a respect issue. Guess what...I don't respect you. How can I? I don't know you."

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...=64782&page=40

Rem

OK, since they brought it up why miss a chance to get a good rumor going?

EdE and Homer for Matt Cain

OK, so it's not that good, but it is a rumor and I'm starting it.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    That internet thingee has cut into the profit margins of newspapers to the point where there is nothing left but a skeleton crew. There are no copy editors for what goes into the newspaper.Surely, nobody is gonna edit his blog.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Fay says he's most likely to be traded.
    I don't think Fay has much trade value.

EdE and Drew Stubbs for Lincecum.

Of course, TRF could very well explode with that proposed deal, as EdE and Drew Stubbs are at the opposite ends of his Favorite Spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    That internet thingee has cut into the profit margins of newspapers to the point where there is nothing left but a skeleton crew. There are no copy editors for what goes into the newspaper.Surely, nobody is gonna edit his blog.
    I can assure you, there are copy editors for the newspaper.

Blog posts, however, do not necessarily go through copy editing. It's a blog. Some of the most popular blogs on the Web are riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    EdE and Drew Stubbs for Lincecum.

Of course, TRF could very well explode with that proposed deal, as EdE and Drew Stubbs are at the opposite ends of his Favorite Spectrum.
    this post confuses and excites me at the same time.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?