Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shouldnt Bengals try to add a RB???

Shouldnt Bengals try to add a RB???

After round 2? I wouldnt be to upset if they took one in round 2 then get back to business taking care of the OL and the pass rush.

really cant see them doing to much of anything on offense in Free Agency, maybe grab a RB, C and TE which would be a lot considering we never ever do anything anyway.

RBs
    Rhodes Indianapolis
    Morris Seattle
    Sproles SD
    Ward NYG

TEs
    Daniels Houston
    King Carolina
    Pope Arizona
    Scaife Tennessee
    Smith Philadelphia

Didnt realize Girlcheck was a UFA (see ya)

Centers
    Grove Oak
    Nalen Den
    Saturday Indy
    Newberry SD

really cant see them doing to much of anything on defense in Free Agency, maybe some dumpster dipping around the draft

here are some Running backs per Pro Football Weekly

James Davis Clemson
    Javon Ringer Michigan State
    Andre Brown North Carolina State
    Devin Moore Wyoming
    Rashad Jennings Liberty
    Jeremiah Johnson Oregon
    Javarris Williams Tennessee State
    Kory Sheets Purdue
    Arian Foster Tennessee
    Aaron Brown TCU

plus the pic six of underclassmen

# Chris Wells, Ohio St. Jr.

# Knowshon Moreno, Georgia, So.

# LeSean McCoy, Pitt, So

# CJ Spiller, Clemson, Jr.

# Donald Brown Jr., Connecticut

# Shonn Greene Jr., Iowa

Wells and Moreno no chance but if McCoy, Brown or Greene comes out, will they be there in early round 2???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Shouldnt Bengals try to add a RB???

I'm not opposed to drafting one later, depending on who is available, but even then, you need to keep in mind our success rate when it comes to running backs (Ki-Jana Carter, Chris Perry, Kenny Irons).

Cedric Benson is somebody I believe could contribute more if we had a better offensive line. Let's face it, even LT or Adrian Peterson couldn't put up similar numbers with what we are running out there.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals make a run at Jordan Gross during free agency instead of taking one in the first round. Gross could take over at Willie's spot, and Levi/Andrews/Collins could battle it out for the other tackle. Sign or draft a center.

If we could possibly land Taylor Mays in the first round, then take Brandon Spikes in the second, I would call it a successful draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They do need to add a RB or two for depth purposes but they have so many other holes, it shouldn't be a priority. RBs are a dime a dozen. Fix the line and it doesn't matter who's running the football..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    RBs are a dime a dozen. Fix the line and it doesn't matter who's running the football..
    If only Mikey Boy knew that...
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Yes RB or bust

If the Bengals draft RBs exclusively in rounds 1-7, there is a 5% chance that at least one of them won't have a career ending injury or be an outright bust before week 6.

Hopefully

I'm a believer that if a runningback can make it to the NFL, he will be able to get the job done IF there is a good enough offensive line. Draft lineman, on both sides of the ball - it makes EVERYONE else's job easier and can make average players look above average.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Cedric Benson is somebody I believe could contribute more if we had a better offensive line. Let's face it, even LT or Adrian Peterson couldn't put up similar numbers with what we are running out there.
    I think Benson catches the first flight outta Cincy after the final snap sunday and you'll never see him in Cincy again.

On one of the Bengals Line shows he was on with Doc and Lapham asked him about loyalty and would he consider the Bengals next year and for about 5 seconds all you heard was crickets, I think he'll be harder to sign than TJ. Another Bengals Line Doc asked Lapham what he thought about the guys on the team and if they had the choice to stay in Cincy would they...more crickets, then Lapham busts out with this beauty... he goes, "To a man, I believe if everyone of these guys could leave they would in a heartbeat." I got the impression that the players think theyre in jail like Chad.

Marvin hinted a couple days ago on one of the Marvin Lewis Reports on WLW on how Cedric and him have bumped heads a few times, but then Benson would always apologize later. Maybe Cedric hasn't quite gotten over his attitude problems? He did wear on his teammates and coaches in Chicago. Some people are just like that. I like his play, but maybe the feeling is mutual. I don't get the feeling the media in town thinks that they should make a hard push to bring him back. I think it is, we are fine with you, we will be fine without you.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Marvin hinted a couple days ago on one of the Marvin Lewis Reports on WLW on how Cedric and him have bumped heads a few times, but then Benson would always apologize later. Maybe Cedric hasn't quite gotten over his attitude problems? He did wear on his teammates and coaches in Chicago. Some people are just like that. I like his play, but maybe the feeling is mutual. I don't get the feeling the media in town thinks that they should make a hard push to bring him back. I think it is, we are fine with you, we will be fine without you.
    "We suck with you, we'll suck without you."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    "We suck with you, we'll suck without you."

Well said.

I'd prefer we bolstered our lines instead of the flashy positions like RB/WR/etc. Guys like Benson could have a good year with great blocking IMO. Plus, protecting Carson Palmer has got to become a priority. And, with enough time, he will return to his great form as a top QB in the league.... which should in return, free up some space for our running game. Basically, getting a great offensive line will help many facets of our Bungled Bengirls.

what the bengals need more than anything is for mike brown to step down. hire someone who knows how to bulid a football team. mike brown has been running the begals since his father paul passed away. paul brown was one the greatest football men ever. his son mike however, (probably real nice man) doesn't have a clue. the bengals record under mike brown's leadership speaks for itself. how many more losing season's will it take? how many more head coaches will they hire and, fire? until mike brown realizes that he needs to step aside and, let someone who knows what they are doing run the bengals.......it doesn't matter what or, who they draft.

Does anyone else slowly see the classic career running back going the way of extinction. It seems now that you can just draft a guy in the late rounds, burn him out over 2 years, rinse and repeat.

Sure you'll have a diamond like Peterson or LT every few years, but overall...the "disposable" RB seems like the most viable route for RB, especially with the salary cap forcing maximization of every dollar.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 12-27-2008 at 11:36 PM. Reason: I can't spell.

Turn Off Ads?