Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many outfielders (ex reds too) does Leather pants need? Possble JR too??

How many outfielders (ex reds too) does Leather pants need? Possble JR too??

Per mlb trade rumours.

"Cafardo says not to discount the possibility of the Nationals signing Ken Griffey Jr."

He has Pena, Wilingham, Dukes, Kearns, Milledge and also rumored on Adam Dunn!! Now Griffey too??? Bowden is crazy!! you cant play 7 starting outfielders!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: How many outfielders (ex reds too) does Leather pants need? Possble JR too??

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Per mlb trade rumours.

"Cafardo says not to discount the possibility of the Nationals signing Ken Griffey Jr."

He has Pena, Wilingham, Dukes, Kearns, Milledge and also rumored on Adam Dunn!! Now Griffey too??? Bowden is crazy!! you cant play 7 starting outfielders!!
    Maybe he is planning a 30 and up Softball league?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Re: How many outfielders (ex reds too) does Leather pants need? Possble JR too??

If I was Scott Sullivan, I'd be waiting for a phone call.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Dunn, Kearns and Griffey in the Nationals outfield is too incredible to actually happen, isn't it? I wouldn't mind taking Lastings Milledge off his hands though if someone has to go to open a spot.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    Dunn, Kearns and Griffey in the Nationals outfield is too incredible to actually happen, isn't it? I wouldn't mind taking Lastings Milledge off his hands though if someone has to go to open a spot.

One hopes Kearns will play CF in that configuration. But if he does, he better invest in a pair of track shoes cause he's gonna be running.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

You can never have too many 5 tool players
    Most Vottomatic Player

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

If there's someone who should know about tools, it's Jim Bowden.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The day will come when JimBo will have every former Reds' outfielder. Then we'll all be sorry we mocked him. Or not.
    /r/reds

ok, I really don't get this. JimBo has the start of a nice core of YOUNG players in Milledge, Dukes, Flores and Zimmerman. They've had a couple of decent drafts in a row. Unless he wants Dunn at 1B, I don't see a fit for him. Jr. would have to accept a PT role, and I don't see that just yet.

It's like he wants to prove he could have won with those guys had he been supported by ownership.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Bowden is an awful GM. How in the world does that guy still have a job?
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Bowden is an awful GM. How in the world does that guy still have a job?
    CONSPIRACY THEORY

MLB still owes him because he enginneered and pulled the trigger on the incident when Marge Schott didn't actually praised Hitler in the way that they imply she did, but they edited the interview and twisted her remarks out of context.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    Per mlb trade rumours.

That's because Dunn will play 1B and Kearns will play 3rd...JimBo has finally figured out where he went wrong with his plan between 1999 and 2000.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

What I don't get is why you'd even go after outfielders when you have 3 everyday players in Dukes, Milledge, and Willingham, let alone Kearns and Pena who could eat up at-bats.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

He's just saying that he's interested to help his pals drive up their value.

It could happen.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I hear they are looking at Jeff Shaw as a closer. It's only about an 8 hour ride from his home to Nats park.

Turn Off Ads?