Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade the Reds for the _________?

Would you trade the Reds for the _________?

Would you trade the entire team (Reds) for ____________________?

I asked my son this question today and I was stunned at some of his answers. I thought it would be fun to ask that on here.

He wouldn't trade the Reds for the Cards, Indians, Yanks, or even the Phillies.

He would trade them for the Red Sox and the Devil Rays.

The Phillies surprised me since they just won the Series. What do you think? Who would you trade the Reds for? (This is minor leagues also - and management) (If you make the trade Dusty goes also....Sorry)

I would trade for the Red Sox, Indians, Devil Rays..those are easy. Not sure beyond that.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade the Reds for the _________?

Rays, Twins and the Nats

The Nats because I think their farm is finally on track, and I like some of the young position players at the MLB level.

Of course they have NO pitching.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Of course they have NO pitching.
    There's a shock

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I'll add the NY Mets and Oakland A's to the ongoing list...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Whoa, the Nats? Really? IMO the Nats roster and minor league system is a disaster.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Whoa, the Nats? Really? IMO the Nats roster and minor league system is a disaster.
    I think their minor league system was rated 9th last year by BA. They have made some inroads into Latin America, like the Reds have.

As for their roster, I like the OF alot, especially Dukes. Lots of upside there.

Flores looks like he COULD be a very good catcher, he did show some flashes. He was Rule V guy right?

I dunno, I just kinda like the position they are in. Except for the pitching. That's atrocious.
    Suck it up cupcake.

The Indians, The A's.

We're just talking players, right?

They'd play in GAB, wear the same uniforms and alla that?
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I think their minor league system was rated 9th last year by BA. They have made some inroads into Latin America, like the Reds have.

As for their roster, I like the OF alot, especially Dukes. Lots of upside there.

Flores looks like he COULD be a very good catcher, he did show some flashes. He was Rule V guy right?

I dunno, I just kinda like the position they are in. Except for the pitching. That's atrocious.
    The Nationals spent zero dollars on International signings this year. They signed a shortstop for $1.4 million in 2006 and have been quiet since. As for their farm system, when asked recently to describe the Nats farm system, John Sickels simply described it as "yuck".

At the big league level, I like Dukes in the outfield and Milledge has solid tools. Ryan Zimmerman is a good player but they are bare beyond that. Jesus Flores may develop into a decent catcher. Maybe. The pitching staff is AWFUL. Every starter on their roster projects as a 4/5th starter. Ross Detwiler has good stuff but he struggled in High-A this past season. IMO that organization is a mess right now.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

And oh, yeah.

Can I trade Gapper, too?

I really HATE Gapper.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    And oh, yeah.

Can I trade Gapper, too?

I really HATE Gapper.
    Well there is something we can agree on. That thing is so unnecessary.

I'd do any of those deals...if they'd take the Bengals too!

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    The Indians, The A's.

We're just talking players, right?

They'd play in GAB, wear the same uniforms and alla that?
    Entire organization traded for another. The team would be in Cincy and be named the Reds but if the deal is made with the A's for example you have everyone's favorite GM but you lose Jay Bruce and Dusty.

This made me think a lot about today as well as tomorrow when you think GM and minors.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Rays, Red Sox and the Marlins maybe the A's. Not sure there is anyone else I would even consider.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Man Pills

Cubs, especially if they get Peavy. That's just unfair to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Nationals spent zero dollars on International signings this year. They signed a shortstop for $1.4 million in 2006 and have been quiet since. As for their farm system, when asked recently to describe the Nats farm system, John Sickels simply described it as "yuck".

At the big league level, I like Dukes in the outfield and Milledge has solid tools. Ryan Zimmerman is a good player but they are bare beyond that. Jesus Flores may develop into a decent catcher. Maybe. The pitching staff is AWFUL. Every starter on their roster projects as a 4/5th starter. Ross Detwiler has good stuff but he struggled in High-A this past season. IMO that organization is a mess right now.
    That's what makes them fun. I'd like to tear them apart and build em right. But I guess as a fan I see your point.

Still really like Dukes. He could be a star.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Turn Off Ads?