Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What will the Reds do at the winter meetings?

What will the Reds do at the winter meetings?

Who here actually thinks the Reds will do anything this week while in LV. I dont think the Reds will do anything to improve this club. I believe what the Reds have will pretty much be what they take into spring training. I truly hope not. I would love to see the Dye trade. Let Walt bring in Hernandez(sp) for Freel. Let him sign Reyes. Give him a little money to get a SS. But I believe the Reds will do nothing. This is how it always ends up. They give the fans a little hope and soon after take it right back. But lets hope Im wrong and they bring in a C, power right handed bat, a lefty reliever, and a SS.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

Re: What will the Reds do at the winter meetings?

Stand around and watch the Cubs get Jake Peavy for crap? Seriously, other teams need to get involved if they really want to compete in the NL Central and MLB for that matter.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Honestly I think they'll stand pat for now and see what the market does with the first tier free agents. If they miss out on signings after that they'll probably make a trade to bring in an offensive player.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Stand around and watch the Cubs get Jake Peavy for crap? Seriously, other teams need to get involved if they really want to compete in the NL Central and MLB for that matter.
    I hope that isn't the case... The Reds could easily trump a Cubs offer and get this team into conteding mode with one addition...

Jake Peavy Needs to be RED

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I hope that isn't the case... The Reds could easily trump a Cubs offer and get this team into conteding mode with one addition...

Jake Peavy Needs to be RED

Jake Peavy needs to WANT to be a Red.

It's his decision. We can offer more than the Cubs all we want. He has to want to come here. Not saying that a phat extension wouldnt sway him. But the decision is his, not Walt's.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Jake Peavy needs to WANT to be a Red.

It's his decision. We can offer more than the Cubs all we want. He has to want to come here. Not saying that a phat extension wouldnt sway him. But the decision is his, not Walt's.
    Ok, well this team needs to court him... Then... This team shed Million of Payroll with Griffey, Dunn, Patterson, Affeldt, Valentin, Bako, etc...

It has money to sign him to a BIG OLE' Extension...

i could be wrong but after the freel/hernandez deal i think the reds have only $13 million left for an outfielder, reliever, and hairston.

Correct... my math from the other thread still applies.

If Orioles send us $1 mill, we'd have about $14.5 mill left to go before we hit the $80 mill ceiling.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?