Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

Anyone, here, upset with Sirrius decision not to renew Mark Patrick's contract on Baseball this Morning? I really looked forward to listening to Patrick and Buck Martinez every morning. It was the best baseball radio show that XM had, in my opinion. I e-mailed Mark yesterday, and told him how much that I missed his show in the mornings, and he replied with a very nice e-mail. (My family could possibly be moving to Indianapolis in the not too distant future and he even volunteered to help me with getting Matt, my son, on the right baseball team in the area if we move. What a great guy!)

Anyway, I really miss the show. I listened nearly every morning since it's inception. It was something that I looked forward to every day. I thought Mark Patrick was a great host. I hope he ends up on the new MLB Channel in some way.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Anyone, here, upset with Sirrius decision not to renew Mark Patrick's contract on Baseball this Morning? I really looked forward to listening to Patrick and Buck Martinez every morning. It was the best baseball radio show that XM had, in my opinion. I e-mailed Mark yesterday, and told him how much that I missed his show in the mornings, and he replied with a very nice e-mail. (My family could possibly be moving to Indianapolis in the not too distant future and he even volunteered to help me with getting Matt, my son, on the right baseball team in the area if we move. What a great guy!)

Anyway, I really miss the show. I listened nearly every morning since it's inception. It was something that I looked forward to every day. I thought Mark Patrick was a great host. I hope he ends up on the new MLB Channel in some way.

Mark is incredibly talented but I know many people from his hometown of Brownsburg, numerous people from the travel team the Indiana Bulls that he is involved with and numerous people who worked with him at WISH TV8 and the "Bob and Tom Show" and they all pretty much say that he is anything but a good guy. In fact I would be very hard pressed to find someone who didn't say he wasn't a complete pompous, arrogant ass.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I only can go on the way that he responded to my e-mail. Seemed very genuine to me and was a great host on the show.

John Wooden

I didn't know the show had not been renewed. That sucks. It was one of my favorite, along with Charlie Steiner's afternoon show. I always enjoyed the power locks on the way to work, and even had a version of my own with a couple buddies.

I thought he was a goof. "The Big Chair." It all seemed like an act that I wasn't sure where he was coming from. I didn't dislike the whole schtick, but wasn't too entertained...though I guess he did have 3 hours to fill.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

MLB's probably working to integrate its radio programming with the new MLB TV network. Maybe a bigger name will soon be announced as a replacement?
    /r/reds

Is the program still on, just without Mark? I haven't listened to my XM in a month due to work things.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Stiil on with a different host. Not good.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Stiil on with a different host. Not good.
    Somehow Rob Dibble has a job. He's awful. Kevin Kennedy got moved to the night time program and he's awful too.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Somehow Rob Dibble has a job. He's awful. Kevin Kennedy got moved to the night time program and he's awful too.
    Rob Dibble is terrible on his show, and his holier than thou attitude drives me nuts. I want to call him on air and ask him about throwing a ball in the stands and hitting a lady, or one of his other moronic things he did while pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Rob Dibble is terrible on his show, and his holier than thou attitude drives me nuts. I want to call him on air and ask him about throwing a ball in the stands and hitting a lady, or one of his other moronic things he did while pitching.
    he talks about them all the time. That is one of my big problems with Kennedy. He talks about himself constantly.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Maybe the new MLB network will do what ESPN did with Mike & Mike show in the morning and have it both on the tv and radio at the same time.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar

By the way his name is Mark Storen, Mark Patrick is his stage name so to speak. I happen to live in Brownsburg and was involved for a number of years with the Indiana Bulls so I had the oppotunity to work with and get to know Mark to some degree. At least enough when we see each other in Wal-Mart we can talk on first name basis. I disagree with Mr Andersons opinion of Mark's personality. He probably rubs some folks the wrong way but he also does a lot to help out organizations like the Indiana Bulls and other charitable programs. I think when you get past the Hollywood exterior you find a pretty genuine guy. Just my personal opinion. And, you might want to keep an eye on his son Drew, Freshman all American pitcher at Stanford. Pitched as the closer for them in the College World series this year as a freshman.
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I used to listen to Mark Patrick's morning show on Fox Sports Radio. MPOS: Mark Patrick on Sports. Pretty good stuff. It had been a couple years since I even heard his name until this thread.

Does he still do the morning show? If not, what happened?

I wasn't a fan of Mark Patrick, but I think his leaving was a contractual matter as XM-Sirius has a lot of debt and is letting lots of folks go when their contracts are up. Charley Wilson (who I really really liked) and Ronnie Lane were also let go.

The good thing about the new schedule is that they have new programming on and don't repeat Baseball this morning. The other good thing is that the ex players are teamed with a professional announcer so that rather than Dibble and Kennedy there is Dibble with someone and Kennedy with someone. I think that makes them much more listenable (they are both a bit full of themselves).

Finally, Charley Steiner is still on, which is good because it is, IMHO, the best thing on XM 175.

Turn Off Ads?