Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

Re: Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    By the way his name is Mark Storen, Mark Patrick is his stage name so to speak. I happen to live in Brownsburg and was involved for a number of years with the Indiana Bulls so I had the oppotunity to work with and get to know Mark to some degree. At least enough when we see each other in Wal-Mart we can talk on first name basis. I disagree with Mr Andersons opinion of Mark's personality. He probably rubs some folks the wrong way but he also does a lot to help out organizations like the Indiana Bulls and other charitable programs. I think when you get past the Hollywood exterior you find a pretty genuine guy. Just my personal opinion. And, you might want to keep an eye on his son Drew, Freshman all American pitcher at Stanford. Pitched as the closer for them in the College World series this year as a freshman.
    Mark Storen is also the nephew of Mike Storen the former GM of the Indiana Pacers and also the cousin of Hannah Storm who works for one of the networks. Mark is for the most part a pretty funny guy and was a good fit for the "Bob and Tom Show" but while he is decent at sports trivia I really had little regard for his baseball knowledge.

I don't wanna dwell on the guys personality because people have different opinions on him but in all honesty you are the first in about 20 or so people who have worked with him that have a decent thing to say about him. Just last year I had a long conversation with a former member of the Brownsburg Little League board and he filled me in on the incident several years where Mark went after a umpire in the parking lot after his twelve year old sons game and the police had to be called. Sorry but a guy like that just isn't a good fit for the sports world IMO.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Patrick no longer on BBTM

I agree about Patrick; he was the best host on that channel, as far as I'm concerned. He'll be missed.

As for Dibble...well, I really liked him when he was pitching, but he's really not very good. I want to like him as a broadcaster, and he was tolerable when he was with Dan Patrick, but his show is hard to listen to. It's better since Kevin Kennedy is gone, but still not good.

And I agree about Steiner, for what it's worth. I've never really cared for the guy, either on SportsCenter or the Dodger broadcasts, but that radio show of his is always entertaining.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Turn Off Ads?