Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advice Wanted

Re: Advice Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Based on the crap they have to read and the state of their job market, I'd say the sadists go into theory. :
    Ah yes. Theory.

Given the choice between Methods and Theory, I think I'd choose...a bullet to the skull.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Ah yes. Theory.

Given the choice between Methods and Theory, I think I'd choose...a bullet to the skull.
    In theory, that would be a good method.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Ah yes. Theory.

I, on the other hand, might upgrade my methods minor to a second major.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I've actually spent a lot of time being a sound guy. I received a lot of compliments, but besides some routine work at a few clubs, just about everything was freelance, and for me, having health benefits is very important because I'm a Type I diabetic.
    I don't know why anyone would want to be a sound person unless s/he really truly loved it. The due paying is pretty arduous. Long hours, lame pay, no benefits, and isolating, sporadic work. Not to mention musicians
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want to be a sound person unless s/he really truly loved it. The due paying is pretty arduous. Long hours, lame pay, no benefits, and isolating, sporadic work. Not to mention musicians
    I got paid $60 per night and worked about four or five hours, four nights a week. 90+% of the music was awful, though. Although there were some benefits (i.e. free beer), the music and musicians canceled things out more often than not.

Sound guys don't get groupies?

get a job

you have a degree in a real major. not some fluff degree where you end up working at Barnes & Noble. get a job. live frugally. save and invest.

the idea that you'll find a job you love is B.S. Its a job not a hobby.

if you are really unhappy as an accountant then take some night classes trying some new stuff out. but don't quit your job!

one thing you don't want to do is screw around now then be 45 years old, broke & find out you aren't happy. this is the classic mid life crisis. it will happen. now if you have $500,000 saved for retirement by this time it will go a lot smoother.

Turn Off Ads?