Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why don't we hear more about O. Hudson?

Why don't we hear more about O. Hudson?

We hear lot's about Furcal but I'd put ODawg in the same zip code for the most part but I don't hear much about him and any interest he's garnering. Is he still injured?

I'd rather have Hudson with BP moving to short than see a Furcal signing. Couple that with everyone's favorite Beltre/E.E. sign and switch and all of a sudden you have yourself a lineup....(and a payroll I guess)

just a little daydreaming

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why don't we hear more about O. Hudson?

Mainly because he's coming off a serious injury and he's a Type A Free Agent.
    Go BLUE!!!

If the Reds signed him they would be protected against giving up our draft pick though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    If the Reds signed him they would be protected against giving up our draft pick though, right?
    Yes. I believe we would give up our second round pick, but I may be wrong.
    Go BLUE!!!

the Mets will get him. They are trying to get rid of Castillo so they can sign him.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Nobody is going to take Castillo off their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Yes. I believe we would give up our second round pick, but I may be wrong.
    No you are correct. We wouldn't give up our 1st, just our 2nd.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    the Mets will get him. They are trying to get rid of Castillo so they can sign him.
    Actually I read that Castillo called a meeting with the F.O. and practically begged them to give him another chance to prove himself. So I don't expect the O-Dog to go there.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I can see the O-Dog ending up with the Yankees if they deal Cano.

--Woody Hayes

You never know, perhaps he could be ballast for a bigger contract.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Shhhhhh...........overaged speedster, can't hit, low obp. That's a perfect fit for a "spring training" invite to a certain manager I know.

3 Gold Gloves from 2005-2007,an All-Star in 2007, and a career OBP of .343. Pretty good for a middle infielder. I'd certainly be interested if he's healthy.

O Hudson is one of my favorite non Reds in baseball. The summer I lived in Phoenix I went to quite a few D-Backs games and, while he is a great player, he just seems a lot like Phillips where he's having a great time out there. I just like watching good players who are smiling and seeming like they are having a great time cause that passion just rubs off on fans. But that GG defense and decent bat would look even better in a Reds uniform.

O. Dawg is a vg Get if possible but would the Red's really move B. Phil to SS ? Wow I just feel like I did my first version of text.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Turn Off Ads?